ten

༶•┈ 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 ┈•༶
┊͙ˏˋ 𝐜𝐡. ➓ ࿐ྂ

That day, Eunha died.

She died in Jungkook's arms.

It's been a year since she passed away. Jungkook hasn't been the same ever since. His life crumbled in his fingertips the very moment she stopped breathing.

Brick by brick, day by day, his walls came tumbling down. He simply felt like he no longer had a purpose in life. He felt like he could never find happiness in anyone, anything else, but her. He felt like it was impossible to move on, to live a normal life again without her. Jungkook became hollow. He was internally dead.

He stopped being the straight A student that everyone admired and looked up to in school. His grades eventually flunked and he, who was always at the top of the class, dropped to the bottom tier. He stopped playing sports and showing up to practices, and eventually got kicked off all of the teams and that resulted in cancelled scholarships. He stopped seeing family and friends because he didn't want to have to put on a fake smile whenever he was around them. He stopped taking care of his body and eating three meals a day. Usually he'd eat only one or down a lot of water, sometimes none at all.

Jungkook simply stopped caring about everything. He stopped caring about the things that meant nothing to him. SHE was the only thing that meant something to him, nothing else. To him, SHE was everything.

Every single night, he'd look at photos of Eunha and reminisced about the days they spent time together. The hospital, the amusement park, the beach. He missed all of it. He missed her smile. Her laughter. Her voice. And most of all, her touch.

He'd cry himself to sleep every night and when he cried, there was a rawness to it, like the pain was still an open wound. He would curl up into a ball and cling onto something for support, anything, a pillow, blanket, and then his whole body would shake. The sobs were stifled at first as he attempted to hide his grief, then they overcame by the wave of his emotions and he would break down entirely, all his defences washed away in those salty tears.

One day, he left his house in which he hadn't done in months. He went to see his friend Taehyung, for one purpose and one purpose only.

Taehyung had heard a loud knock on the front door that night at 2am in the morning. He felt uneasy, but curious as to who it was and what their intentions were for showing up at his house that late. He opened the front door and to his surprise, Jungkook was standing in front of him with purple bruises and cuts all over his body and face.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung squinted his eyes, unable to make out if it was actually Jungkook standing before him. "What the fuck happened to you?!" He shouted as he came to a sudden realization with his vision becoming clearer.

Jungkook ignored his questions and went straight to the kitchen. He opened the fridge in search for one thing and found it in a matter of seconds. He popped open the lid with his finger and chugged down the bottle of alcohol. A sour and vile taste slipped into Jungkook's mouth, nullifying him, stealing away reality in favour of fantasy. He came to lust after it like no other, the strong tonic became his only "cure," his only distraction from Eunha.

"You're underage, why the hell are you drinking?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in shock that the younger friend was almost halfway done with the bottle. He hadn't spoke to or seen Jungkook in months after Jungkook cut off all of the people in their friends' group but all of a sudden, Jungkook showed up on his doorstep for what? Alcohol?

Taehyung snatched the bottle out of the younger one's hand and harshly pushed him backwards, creating a distance between them so that Jungkook wasn't able to get the bottle from him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you dude? Why are you like this all of a sudden? Where has your head gone in the past 10 months?" Taehyung blurted out. He could feel the adrenaline rushing through his body as he saw how different and beaten up Jungkook looked.

"Do you know how worried we've all been? We thought you were fucking dead!" His voice hitched even higher, louder. He was fuming with anger but most of all, he was worried. The Jungkook he saw standing in front of him was not the friend he knew. The Jungkook he knew was cheerful, happy, and pure, that Jungkook wasn't. That Jungkook was the complete opposite, he was messed up.

"H-hyung, j-just let me get one more sip. I just need one more, o-one more," Jungkook pleaded as he ran his fingers through his hair, practically digging his nails into his scalp. He was giddy and shaken up. His body needed more. More alcohol. He needed to distract himself from the thoughts. From Eunha. The only cure for him was alcohol.

"Why?" Taehyung's voice cracked and tears began to well up in his eyes. "Why are you like this?" He shook his head in dismay as droplets of tears made their way down his cheeks.

"For fucking Christ, just give it to me!" Jungkook screamed at the top of his lungs and lunged himself at Taehyung. The older friend stumbled backwards and hit his head on the wall. The bottle fell out of his hand and shattered on the floor, bits of glass dispersed everywhere.

"H-hyung!" Jungkook shrieked and wrapped his arms around Taehyung in sudden shock and worry for his friend.

Taehyung swung his arms up and broke loose of Jungkook's grip. He roughly grabbed Jungkook by the collar and pulled him in with immense force.

"Jungkook get yourself together!" Taehyung gripped onto Jungkook's collar even tighter. "You don't even know how hurt I feel seeing you like this!" He began to sob and strings of saliva fell out of his mouth as a result of it.

Jungkook saw his older friend cry for the first time in a while. When Eunha passed away, it was like his world suddenly turned into a blur, including all of the sounds, taste, and smell. Everything was gone when she was gone, so Jungkook couldn't really hear what Taehyung was saying to him.

Suddenly, with the blink of an eye, Jungkook was able to hear Taehyung loud and clear. He felt as if he had been awakened again. His walls, the walls that divided him from the rest of the world was...collapsing. Moment by moment, they fell.

A single tear slid down from his vacant eyes, followed by another one, and another one, until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed it's way down his pale cheek, releasing the sadness and sorrow that has been held inside of him for all this time. Jungkook began to sob into Taehyung's chest unceasingly. As much as he tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from his throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. Jungkook clinged onto Taehyung as his sobs drove him to his knees.

"Hyung, I don't want to live anymore."

And at those words, Taehyung's heart completely broke.