eleven

༶•┈ 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 ┈•༶
┊͙ˏˋ 𝐜𝐡. ⓫ ࿐ྂ

Jungkook's body was wracked with great sobs and he shook like a leaf. Taehyung pulled him closer to his chest where he stayed until his crying subsided. When he finally looked at Taehyung, his brown eyes were swollen and sore.

"Talk to me Jungkook. What happened to you?" Taehyung asked in a soft tone in which Jungkook let out a deep sigh.

Jungkook ran his fingers through his wet hair and leaned back against the wall. He stared up at the high rise ceiling and swallowed his saliva before pouring his heart out to the older friend.

"At the hospital I stayed in after the accident, I met a girl," Jungkook said and bit his tongue, trying to hold the tears that threatened to leave his eyes.

"She was the kindest and most beautiful person I had ever met," he smiled to himself as he remembered her facial features and smile.

"She was genuine and earnest. She was perfect hyung. But she, she—"Jungkook choked as the words failed to reach the tip of his tongue.

Jungkook lowered his head into a quiet sob and punched the ground. "She was sick."

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. He was shocked. Never in a million years did he expect to hear that one day, Jungkook would completely lose his mind over a girl, and he did.

In their friends' group, Jungkook's nickname was the "Coochie Magnet" because he attracted women everywhere he went. But even then, he was never the kind of person to give any female his attention. Jungkook was known to be the least interested in relationships and women amongst all of his friends.

"She passed away hyung," Jungkook chuckled and averted his eyes to the ground. A few seconds later, his chuckles turned into sobs.

Taehyung watched as his friend broke down once more. Taehyung saw how helpless and upset Jungkook was. He knew that there was absolutely nothing he could physically do to put Jungkook out of his misery. But, that didn't mean that he wouldn't stop trying to come up with alternative solutions in order to save him from the hellhole he was in.

"Do you think it would make her happy to see you like this?" Taehyung glanced over at Jungkook.

Jungkook chuckled. "Well, she can't see how I am cause she's not alive anymore, is she hyung?" He snickered.

At those words, Taehyung was filled with anger and rage. He cocked his tongue to the side of his cheek and grabbed Jungkook by the collar.

"You're a fucking idiot, you know that? Do you hear yourself right now?" Taehyung scoffed. "That sick girl would've wanted you to continue living your life and be happy, at least for her. That's the least fucking thing you could do for her now that she's gone, but you've been throwing your life away and now what? You want to end your life?" Taehyung shook his head in dismay. "You know better Jungkook, do fucking better!"

Jungkook had no words. Taehyung was right. He was right about everything. Eunha wouldn't have wanted him to live the rest of his life in misery. Jungkook realized how selfish and inconsiderate he was and that not only made him angry but also disgusted with himself.

Jungkook stared at his own reflection through the broken glasses on the ground. He saw the bruises that he had received from getting into an unnecessary fight with a group of boys before arriving at Taehyung's house and he knew it was his fault for acting irrationally and recklessly. He diverted his eyes towards the ground because he felt too ashamed to look at himself.

Taehyung loosened his grip around Jungkook's collar when he noticed that small crystal beads were trailing down Jungkook's rosy cheeks and fell onto his pouting lip.

"H-hyung..." Jungkook looked up at Taehyung with glistening, watery eyes. "I don't want to live like this anymore," he whimpered.

Taehyung sighed and pulled him in. Jungkook buried his face into Taehyung's chest as Taehyung held him in silence, rocking him slowly as Jungkook's tears soaked his chest. A tiny lapse let him pull away, blinking lashes heavy with tears, before he collapsed again, his howls of misery worsening.

"I love her hyung...I love her more than anything," Jungkook said through the suppressed sound of hiccups.

Taehyung thought it was best to not say anything. He had gave Jungkook the reality check he needed and it was in effect. He just needed to wait it out. Jungkook had to pour out all of his emotions before any change could happen and that's exactly what he did.

"I want to be happy hyung, I really do. But I miss her...I miss her so much," Jungkook sobbed as he clutched onto Taehyung's chest.

"B-but I want to be better for her. I'll do better. I won't live like this anymore hyung, I promise," Jungkook sniffled and wiped his face with his forearm.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and simply nodded his head with a light-tipped smile before pulling him back in for another embrace. Taehyung trusted his word. Jungkook would never lie to him.

And just as Taehyung predicted, from that day forward, Jungkook kept his word.