Chapter 32

The next day, Ford called Max down into the lab again. As Max walked in, he noticed that Ford was holding a pen, and some paper was on the desk in front of him. Ford gestured to the chair on the opposite side. Max sat down, and waited for Ford to speak.

                                                         "Hello, Max. This is not a interrogation, but I have a lot of questions surrounding your experiences with Bill, and what you know of other's experiences with Bill." Ford jumped right in without any small talk.

                                                "Uh...ok? Go ahead, I guess. I think I should warn you though, I might get a little bit freaked out and stuff." Max told him.

                                                                               "I understand. Just be as calm as you can be." Ford said.

                                          "Ok. Now, go ahead." Max sat back in his chair.

                                                              "About how many times have you encountered Bill?" Ford asked.

                                                     "Um...I think about 5 times...if you count all the dreams as one." Max told Ford.

                            "Alright, can you give me a detailed explanation for each encounter?" Ford questioned.

                                                                       "I can give you a very detailed account of four of the five times." Max offered somewhat apologetically.

                                                "That's fine." Ford waved Max forward.

                                                                "Ok...One of the first..maybe even the first..encounter I had with Bill was earlier this summer. I was upset that everyone was mad at me and treating me poorly. Life was hitting rock bottom, and I ran to my tent. The world started to go gray."

                                             ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                           Max was silently crying, trying to wipe the tears with the sleeve of his hoodie as fast as they came. Life sucked, and Max wondered why he was even here. Camp had become a home for him, but it was starting to be terrible.

                         As his thoughts whirled, Max started to notice that color was disappearing from the room. It was turning gray.  Before he could even blink, a light flashed. When it cleared, Max saw a tacky triangle guy.

                                                        "Well well well, someone's upset!" The voice echoed.

                                       "Who the fuck are you?" Max asked, wiping his eyes, his sadness replaced with confusion and shock. The triangle laughed.

                                                                       "Names Bill Cipher! I'm going to give it to you straight kid. I can help you with every problem in your life...including your insane parents." Bill told him.

                                                    That caught Max's attention. Could he even dare to hope? Max stood up.