2

"Please, Dad? Pretty please? You love him and you love me and you just GOTTA-"

  "Fine!" Joel exclaimed, exasperated. 

"And Meri, too?"16-year-old Eliza begged. 

  "Good grief."

Eliza stuck her lip out, a trick that had worked since she was little. 

   "You know that only works on your mom, right?" Joel asked his daughter. 

   Eliza shrugged."I was hoping it'd work on you, too."

 "Fine, we'll take them. But only because I don't have half an hour to argue with you."

   "Works!"

The 16-year-old picked up her Pembroke Welsh puppy, named Harry after the prince, and skipped out of the kitchen, nearly colliding with her younger brother, Aaron. 

   "Jeez, lipstick! Watch where you're going!"he exclaimed, moving out of the way. His tone was good-natured, though. He was too excited to be mad. 

  "Are they here yet?"Joel asked. 

   "Nope. I called Dallas, they'll be here in five minutes. Apparently Aunt Coco was being extra."

  "Did she try to smuggle in one of the calves?"

"Nope, that was Leo."

"Sounds like him."

"Yeah." Aaron sat himself on the counter. "Listen, Dad-"

"DAAAAD!" Summer screamed. "I can't find my flute!"

"Where did you leave it?" Joel asked. 

"On my shelf!"

"And it's not there?"

"No!"

"Did you bring your stuff down?"

"Yes."

"Then check the suitcase pile."

Summer frantically fled down the stairs and dug through the pile, before pulling out a black case. 

"Oh,"she sighed. "Found it."

"Way to go, drama queen,"Eliza said. "Wait, is that my necklace?"

"Uh, no," Summer said quickly, tucking the pearl pendant under her blue shirt. 

"Dad!" Eliza yelled. "Summer's stealing my stuff again!"

"Return it,"Joel ordered. 

Summer took the necklace off and handed it to her sister, who tucked it into her purse while glaring at her. 

"Dad," Aaron began. 

Just then, a car honked. 

"They're here!" Summer yelled. 

Harry started barking and running around; Joel picked him up. 

"Later, 'kay, bud?" he told his son. 

"'Kay,"Aaron replied, picking a duffel bag up. 

Tour had begun. 
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••What do you think? Let me know if you have any ideas or constructive criticism, anything you'd like to see, etc. 🐶