5

I know, it's been forever, bear with me, but here's an update, don't hate me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"What were you thinking?" Moriah screamed, startling Adelina. "You think you can do anything you want? Just wait until you come home. I'll make you cut all your hair off. That'll teach you."

"That's a bit harsh, babe,"Brent said as she hung up.

"She never listens. Eliza did the same thing. And people think she's pregnant. The sad thing is, I wouldn't put it past her. And now Mila's getting an attitude,"she fumed. "Soon, Aaron will go to jail or get into drugs or something." She started to cry. "I hate this. The kids are just terrible! And Joel doesn't care. He just wants them to ask and listen. It's probably 'cause he was an angsty teen, too. The kids got it from him."

"You should just divorce Joel, leave the kids, and start over with me,"he told her, rubbing her back.

"I know, but I just can't."

"Why not? Don't you love me?"

"I do, but it's just complicated."

"You still love Joel, don't you?"

"No, I...I love you, Brent. But there's so much more than you and me."

She bit her lip. I do love Joel. But I love you, too. It's too complicated. I love you both and I can't have you both.

Brent stood up.

"I need to head back to work,"he said.

"Okay,"Moriah replied glumly.

What am I doing?

What happened to me?

What have I become?