Winterhold: Wintering Blizzards

Loredas, 6:30 PM, 7th of Morningstar

Frozen Hearth

  My fingers and hands caught cold frostbite from all the beer handling, and the unending blizzard snow. It made work much more difficult than it even needed to be. What a waste, but at least this snow's bringing in customers. I saw the door open, triggering the bell.

 "Welcome to the, frozen hearth. Looking for a place to stay?"

 A man in a black cloak had walked into the front door. Well, at least I presumed it was a man by the build. the hood of his robe fell over his face, so that I couldn't see it. "Yes." 

 Instantly, I became nervous and yet curious as to whom this man might be. Everyone had been shouting and drunk, so they didn't even bother acknowledge him. It was only me, my husband, and my daughter. he walked over very slowly. The boards creaked silently and deadly, as he walked. Maybe, he was an assassin. I best be wary.

 "I'm looking for a room to stay in, for quite a while. There's important matters that I have to attend to, in this hold." The man took a seat on the stool in front of me, then placed a huge coin purse on the counter.

 "I'm sorry, but might I ask you why? One does not simply come to Winterhold with that kind of money."

 I glanced down at his cloak. It slightly opened, and what was inside were weapons. Menacing, There he held all kinds of poisons and daggers. He could probably murder me right now if he wanted, and no one would ever know I was gone.

 "I..." he began, while closing up his cloak. " Hail from a place far from Skyrim."

 "So, you're a traveler then?"

"You....could say something like that."

 What was that supposed to mean? I became more wary, as I slowly reached for the knife under the table.

"Nice try, but I'm a little bit smarter than that, Nord." Dammit,he was right on my tail. But why come here of all places? What kind of business is he on? "I heard, the weather's been off lately.

 Turning over to my left, I could see my daughter quaking in fear behind her room door. She must be so terrified, now.

"What do you want?"

"Had I not, already told you? I need a place to stay for a while."

"And If I say no...."

"Then, I walk away. None of this ever happened, not a word will be said to anyone about my being here. But I cannot guarantee that they won't try to kill you."

"Th-they...."

 He looked around cautiously, and took out a paper from inside of his cloak. I took the paper from the "traveler" and hesitated to open it up. It could be anything, really. A bounty...treasure map....contract... Unfolding, I came to see that it was just a note:

Dear marauder,

 Here is a large sum of gold, 1,000,000 septims for your troubles. You should be able to make by with this money. I wish for you to travel to these places, in search for the solution to Skyrim's long wintering:

Dawn Star, Winterhold, Windhelm, High Hrothgar, and the Thalmor embassy.

 These are the coldest places in all of skyrim, that are hospitably safe. There are also, very dangerous ruins of the dwemer, that I need you to travel to. If you think you're up for that challenge, then bring me the head of this snow lancer,