Prologue Part 2

The first person to arrive at Godric's Hollow was one Sirius Black, who took one look at the ruined Potter Cottage and ran inside, praying to Lady Magic that his Godson was alright.

As he walked in, he saw James' body on the living room floor. He ignored his grief and ran upstairs to the nursery. He shed a few tears at the sight of Lily before he sighed in relief when he saw Harry alive.

"Siwwi?" Little Harry said.

"I'm right here Harry, I'm right here." Sirius choked out. As soon as he said that, Hagrid walked into the Nursery.

"I jus' saw James. I was hopin' that lil' 'Arry was alrigh'" Hagrid said worriedly.

"He's alright Hagrid, don't worry," Sirius said weakly. "But James and Lily... It was all that rat's fault. No, it's my fault! I never should have told them to make Peter the bloody Secret Keeper."

"It's na' your fault Sirius," Hagrid responded soothingly. He straightened up and said, "I 'ave orders fro' Dumbledore to take 'Arry to 'im. Give 'im 'ere, Sirius"

Sirius, in a somewhat delirious state, agreed and passed a now sleeping Harry to Hagrid. 

"I'm going after him, Hagrid. I'm going to find Peter, and I'm gonna send him to Azkaban," Sirius said determinedly. "Take good care of my Harry for me, won't you Hagrid?"

"'O course, Sirius. I'll take good 'are of 'im," Hagrid assured.

"I'll see you soon, Hagrid," Sirius said as he ran out of the cottage.

________________________________________________________________________________

As Sirius apparated away, Dumbledore took of his Dissilusionment Charm.

"Thank you, Hagrid, for helping me with this. We must take young Harry to the Dursley's. It is the only way to ensure his safety" Dumbledore said charmingly, with a twinkle in his old eyes.

"Very well, Headmaster. I'll take him there and leave him on the doorstep, if tha's alrigh' wit' you," Hagrid responded.

"That is perfect, Hagrid. I thank you again," Dumbledore said.

"Jus' doin' mah job, sir," Hagrid answered as he walked out of the Cottage.

All is according to plan, Dumbledore thought. Tom is gone for now, and Potter will grow up abused, and he will be grateful to me when I rescue him. Perfect.

Dumbledore let out a small chuckle as he left the Potter home, which would soon become a popular location filled with well-wishers and grateful magicals.