Chapter 1

4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey

It was a quiet morning in July. Harry knew immediately that something was off. Thing's are never quiet in the Dursley household.

As Harry sat up from his cot in his "room," he realized what today was. It's my birthday, he thought bitterly. I'll probably only get a beating, and maybe a biscuit for all of the trouble.

As Harry stretched, his "loving" Aunt unlocked the numerous locks that trapped him in his cupboard under the stairs.

"Hurry up, boy, get breakfast going. You may make food for yourself, seeing as it's your birthday. But not too much. It's Dudley's birth week after all," Petunia said as she ushered Harry into the kitchen.

"Yes, Aunt Petunia. Thank you, Aunt Petunia," Harry replied. I guess I'm getting something, after all, Harry thought. 

As Harry prepared breakfast, he made sure to make a little extra for himself, since it was his birthday after all, and didn't he deserve some extra food for all the work he did for his "loving" family.

Soon enough, the Walruses -as Harry enjoyed calling them in his head- had arrived in the dining room.

"Get me my food freak," Harry's Uncle Vernon bellowed, who smiled as his son echoed his demand. As Harry put plates in front of the two pigs, he couldn't help the numerous insults and threats his mind directed at the two. Of course, Harry never said them, but he thought them all the same.

Harry took the small amount of food he made and snuck to the cupboard to eat his small breakfast in relative peace. He knew that the quiet wouldn't last long. They're probably just trying to lull me into a sense of safety, and then it'll be worse than normal, he thought miserably. If only I could escape. But it clearly doesn't work. No one believes me.

You see, young Harry had tried telling his teacher of the abuse, but the idiot thought that Harry had an overactive imagination, and told the Dursleys. That was one of the worse beatings he had received. As a result, Harry had little respect for teachers, or anyone in a position of authority, really.

And so, Harry scarfed down his toast and prepared himself for a beating. He closed his eyes, took several deep breaths, and fell into his mind. Harry had discovered the ability of Occlumency, though he didn't know it had a name. He only knew that no one else he knew could do it. 

Harry's mindscape was a home. It was large, with many rooms and sectors. He had a garden, a library, many bedrooms, a kitchen, and a large forest just outside the home. He organized many of his memories in the library, using the bookshelves as storage. He held a few precious memories in the garden. These memories were of his parents, which proved to him that they loved him. There was one oddity. In the forest, near the farthest edge, there was a large black orb. The orb was seemingly harmless, and Harry had decided to leave it alone because it was better for him to remain ignorant.

At that moment, Harry was pulled from his mindscape to the sound of the cupboard door opening. Vernon stood in the doorway with a malicious smirk on his face. 

"Come along, boy," Vernon said. "It's time for your present."

"Yes, sir," Harry responded, resigned to his fate.

___SKIP LE PAIN___

As Harry faded out of consciousness, he unknowingly sent out a burst of magic, which was morphed into a message of sorts by Lady Magic, and made its way to one Sirius Black.