Here for what?!

………………………………………………………………

“Nightmare….”

Cross sat up from his bed. He was back in his monotone room again, the two doors stood silently beside his bed as if nothing had happened.

The silence was just as dead as it was before, making the thoughts in his mind growl as loud as possible. He didn't like being here at all, the atmosphere here was hostile and gloomy despite it should've been a familiar environment to him. It almost felt like being watched, but not noticing.

“Ugh….” he got out of bed reluctantly as he stretched and walked towards his window. White light shone in and sheathed upon him as he reached for the window frame.

There was nothing there. What used to be his house's backyard was now only a canvas of blankness. For a second, Cross thought he saw a flash of black within his vision, the sensation tore at his memory as objects gradually appeared from the outside, in the distance.

A saturated flower bed stretched between the small patch of discoloured space on the base of the realm. Pixels of colours flinched around as he blinked, wondering if it was his mere illusions. Detailed patches of purple lurked in the corner of his eyes.

He opened the window to peek out at them.

They were the same flowers on the door to Nightmare's world.

And presumably the same flowers in his garden before.

He winced.

With another glance, the small fragrances twitched and popped under his pupils, and suddenly flashed to a bright pale golden colour. They stood still in place vividly across the flower beds, as if waiting to be acknowledged.

“ What…?” Cross blinked and rubbed his eyes sockets, making sure that his vision wasn't fooling himself. Instead of glitching away again, the tiny fragrances just stood there unchanging, as if telling him that nothing had happened, nothing changed. You saw nothing.

Their colour reminded him of a familiar scenario. If he remembers correctly, they had the same exact colour and glow of the other tree of feelings, the tree of positivity. Grimacing, he tore his vision away, gently slamming the window behind him as he slowly made his way to the center of the room again.

CREAK -- a sudden noise let out from behind the exit to his ‘bedroom’, the door slowly casted out a beam of grey light as it lightly swung open. The hallway was now exposed instead of a blank void.

“...? ” Steadily, Cross paced towards the door and pulled it open. The same monochrome entering his pupils as he examined the exact replica of the hallway of his home. The deathening silence harrowed at his bare bones, the empty walls swaying to the beat of his nausea.

He carefully stepped out, not noticing the changes on the doors behind him...

The hallway stretched along both left and right sides. On his right, the path led to the rooms of his ‘parents’. As for the left supposedly led to Frisk’s and Chara’s rooms at the end, but with a miniature staircase leading downstairs in between the distances.

He steadily stepped along the patterns of the floorboard. Reaching his head out, he stared down at the pitch black void glitching. The replica of his home only continued to this floor, anything under the staircase was only a glitching void.

“ That’s weird… this space was only a void before… is this house expanding? That makes sense, things keep on appearing… like that flowerbed, and the outside of the house.” Cross mumbled as he kept moving towards his brothers’ room. “I’ll check Frisk and Chara’s room… maybe there will be something useful.”

Upon opening the door, a quick flash of light shone across the room. The same usual structure of Frisk and Chara’s room appeared in monotone before Cross’ eyes. Two beds lay at both sides of the room, as still as statues. On Chara’s side of the room were tables on display with tiny models of Xgaster’s latest machine prototype along with his greatest knife collection.

Ugh, typically him. Cross rolled his eyes.

Looking over to Frisk’s side, a big bookcase in the corner caught his attention. Cross walked over to the side. Frisk wasn’t what you would call a typical ‘nerd’, but whenever he was interested in anything, he would research day and night until he was satisfied. That was why Xgaster would never hesitate to give Frisk anything, since most of the things he asked for was of Xgaster’s approval anyways. Cross drifted off in his thoughts while approaching Frisk’s collection of books.

Looking closer, he saw a contrast of colour to the monotone grey of the room. On one of the shelves stood a single book glowing blue. He carefully took the book off and dusted the cover, it read : Tales of the beautiful world. It was the book that Jakei used to read to them when they were little, he would always be so excited for bedtime stories.

“...I promised Nightmare that I’d go see him again…” he whispered to himself.

He said he was curious about the outside world, didn’t he? I… can show him… can’t I? Cross gripped tight onto the book and strived towards his room.

“ Maybe I can get back there, maybe I can show him…” Cross slammed open the door to his room and without hesitation he rushed towards the purple door, “Huff...I can do this..!”

The second he opened the door, the flowers on the doorframe flashed to a bright yellow along with the doorframe.

“ Wait wha--” an unexpected strong force pushed him from behind. As Cross tried to pull back, a bright light flashed past his eyes. His jaw dropped as he saw what awaits before him.

A small delicately dressed skeleton stood in front of him with an excited expression. His gold eyes beamed as Cross stood in silence.

“Hi I’m Drea---”

“No ! I’m not here for this bullshit! What the hell is this??? ”

To be continued~

…………………………………………………………………

I'm not the original author, but here is the update.
Everyone, please take care at a time like this.

- Lucidia