The Troubles of Waking Up

Goth. Edgy girl. Emo. Oh, I've heard them all. But I've got bigger things to worry about. More importantly, LIFE. It's a roller coaster. And let me tell you, I don't like roller coasters. They make me want to puke. But I have to try. Everyone does.

Tomorrow's the first day of school. Wait, let me re-phrase that. High School. My brother (who was no help AT ALL) told me it was going to be really rough, and that I'd lose my will to live by the end of the day. But I'm tougher than he thinks.

Right?

Ever since I was a kid, I'd stand alone, hiding myself from any kind of danger. Nothing would get to me. I was unnoticed. But I realised I was going to change. And, oh boy, did I!

The next day, my alarm tried to wake me up. Notice the word tried. Ok, maybe I did break it. But I am not to be blamed; I wasn't looking forward to the day! No one would be. "Gwen, get up!" my mother shouted from downstairs. "You don't want to be late for school!" Yes, I do. I got up. Honestly, today was quite hot, and it was no time for any of those tight goth dresses. So I wore a black T-shirt, a pair of Mom jeans, and some black trainers. I really wasn't bothered to find something fancy. I quickly brushed my hair and ran downstairs. I went into the kitchen and looked at the clock. 7:40?! I'm late! Honestly, I wasn't one to bother with the time, but I didn't want our teacher to get mad or anything. I stuffed a piece of toast in my mouth, got my black backpack that I had packed the day before, and sprinted down the street at full speed.

I got to the large building in no time. What was the name again? Oh yeah, Wawanakwa High. I don't know why it has the strangest name on Earth, ask the principal! I walked inside, whilst finishing my toast. I had forgotten I even had a piece of toast in there for a minute. There were already loads of kids walking around, talking about stuff that I didn't want to know about. I looked at the lockers. Each one had a name tag on it. Huh. Nice. I walked down the halls for a good, what, 5 minutes? Then I found my locker. I looked at the lock. It was a combo lock. I set it up, then used my favourite number. 013. Yes, I know, witchy number. But hey, that's your problem, not mine. Immediately, the bell rang, telling us the first lesson was about to begin. Then it hit me.

Damn, they sent us a printable time table, and I forgot it.
~

Hey guys! This is actually my first EVER story on Wattpad, so sorry if it's bad or too short for you! I just think Gwen is a great character. I'll  be seeing you! Bye!