Chapter 6

Kirishima's POV

Why the fuck do I feel like this. I shouldn't be jealous. Besides Izuku already has a soulmate. I shouldn't be worried.

GAH WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Bakugou has a soulmate out there somewhere and it's not me. It couldn't be. Could it? No. It's impossible.

Plus it doesn't seem like he cares about me. I mean yeah he just reunited with someone from his village who pretty much saved his life. But he just left me to talk to him. Why does that make me mad.

I need some fresh air and space to think.

So I took of into the night. Not bothering to tell Bakugou. Not seeing his sad and confused face watching as I fly away.

Bakugou's POV

Since I started talking to Deku, Kiri has seemed of. Wait what did I just call him. Kiri? Hmm. I like it.

But it was strange. He seemed mad at something and kept looking at me and Deku talking. Could he be jealous? No that's impossible. But it made feel sad when he flew away. Not saying a word to me. I felt like a piece of me was missing.

I shouldn't feel like this. I have a soulmate. Somewhere. Out there.

And I couldn't stop as a thought crossed my mind.

'I wish it was him'

Then I knew. I love him. And he will probably never love me back.

"Hey Izuku? I'm gonna go for a walk I need some space to think."

From the look on his face, I could see that he knew how I felt.

Then he got up and walked to Todoroki, "okay. Be careful. But kacchan. I think you should talk with Kirishima. He cares about you A LOT more than you realize." Then walked away.

Time skip to walk in the forest.
Still Bakugou's POV

As I walked through the forest. Weaving through the trees and bushes. I considered what Deku had said.

Did he mean that Kirishima felt the same way. Or am I just overthink. He probably just thinks about me as a best friend. Nothing more.

Still walking. I could hear the waterfall up ahead and started to head in that direction.

When I neared the water, I heard it. Someone crying. Almost to soft to hear over the rushing water. But the cries went straight to my heart and it made it ache. Somehow. I knew. That the cries came from Kiri. And when I walked closer, I saw him. Sitting with his back against a rock wall. Arms wrapped around his knees and head in his lap. Shaking and he cried. And it felt like my heart could break seeing him hurt.

Kirishima's POV

I was crying. I hid by the waterfall to not be heard. But because if the roaring water. I didn't hear him approach.

I felt a strong but gentle pair of arms hug me. And I knew it was Bakugou. Unable to stop crying, I turned and buried my head in his chests and sobbed. Because this was the closest we would probably ever be.

After a few minutes I calmed down as he rubbed my back and arms. Telling me soothing words. When finally stopped crying. He asked me what was wrong. I just shook my head in his chest. So he asked again more firmly, forcing me to look at him.

And when he looked in my eyes. The world disappeared and all sound ceased but the loud beating of our hearts.

As he stared into my eyes I could see tears of his own falling down his face as he looked at me with an expression of worry, care, and what seemed like.

Love.

But that made start to cry again. Because that's impossible. He couldn't love me.

I felt him wipe the tears off my face. And this time. Without saying anything. Hugged me as if telling me that he was here. That he wasn't going anywhere.

So I came to a decision.

To tell him.

And so, while still shaking I whispered, "I'm scared. I'm scared of losing you. That you will find your soulmate and forget about me. That you won't care about me. That you don't feel the same way." I looked away. But he grabbed my face and looked at me. His face softening and a small smile on his lips, tears still in his eyes.

Then he spoke, "I'm scared that somewhere out there is my soulmate and that I will have to leave you. I'm scared that you will leave me. I'm scared that you might not be my soulmate." My eyes widened but he continued. "When I saw you crying. It broke my heart. It hurt to see you in such a state. I was scared of what I was feeling these last few weeks. I didn't want to accept them thinking that you didn't feel the same. But now I now what I was feeling. And I came to a decision. That if you weren't my soulmate. I wouldn't want them. Eijiro Kirishima. I love you!"

My heart stopped. He seemed to be telling the truth. Then. I felt his hands turn my face to look at him once again. And felt a soft touch on my lips.

And. I kissed him back.

"I love you too," I whispered into his lips and felt him smile.