unknown

"You promised you'd come back"

She collapses as Lee Ji Hun passes her, momentarily looking at her like she was just another person on the street. She is just a stranger to him, but to her, that face means loving tirelessly.

"You promised you'd come back. You're supposed to be opening the doors to every universe to find me. Please come back."

She wanted to turn around and run to him. For one look. For one touch. For one everlasting kiss. But he wasn't Lee Gon, it wouldn't be the same.

"Where are you Lee Gon?"

Days and months passed by with her expecting him to show up at her doorstep or for him to run into her in the middle of Gwanghwamun Square.

When she missed him unbearably, she'd find Lee Ji Hun and stare at him. Just for a moment. Remind her that everything they're going through is worth waiting for.

"Why aren't you back yet? How long do I wait? Forever."

Lee Ji Hun and her crossed paths many times. Every time he looked at her for a split second like the stranger she is.

She thinks about what her life would be if she had forgotten Lee Gon like she was supposed to. It would hurt less for sure, but he was settled in her heart. Would she end up with Ji Hun? Would it be the same love she has with Lee Gon? Probably not.

"I'm waiting"

-----

"Please wait for me. I'm coming. I'm opening every door I can find. I'm going to find you. You may not remember me, but I'll come to find you"

He's been through 25 universes trying to look for her. She lives in the same spot in every universe. Every time it's not her. She looks exactly like her, all of them do. But none of them have the same lack of anxiety in their eyes. His heartbreaks of disappointment with every wrong universe he enters. His Jeong Tae Ul may not recognize him, but he'll recognize her in an instant.

"I'm almost there"

Of course, he had his anxieties. Lee Ji Hun was alive and well thanks to him changing the timelines. Did she find him? Is she with him since she's forgotten about him?

It'll hurt, but as long as she's happy, he'll continue to survive. He'll live through small fragmented moments of seeing her be happy.

"Do you remember me?"

This is the 26th universe. Here, she's a teacher. She's dressed just like his Jeong Tae-ul: baggy clothes, open hair, hair tie on her left wrist. She looks at him with a smile, almost like she recognizes him. It's not her. She calls out a name that does not belong to him, asking him why he's dressed like that. She returns to her house to grab something, he leaves.

"At least in one universe, we are together. We are happy, without any tragedies trying to force us apart. We can do all the things we've skipped in order. We are together."

-----

The 30th universe. She gets out of her car. Their eyes meet.

"I'm here"

"He's here"