i forgot to tell you

Start writing your story

Lee Gon x Jeong Tae-ul
A continuation from the flower scene in ep 10, but Lee Gon doesn't leave.
-------------------------------------------------

I keep waiting for these lilies to grow. I've given them water, sun, and everything it needs. Why won't they grow? Why hasn't he come to see me yet? Where is he? Is he okay? Does he miss me? Does he want to come and see me? Is it over?

As all these questions swirled in Tae-eul's mind, her emotions threatened to spill through her eyes. Just as she was about to turn around and call it a night, she saw a figure standing in her courtyard. The same figure her eyes had been yearning to see. The same figure her hands were itching to touch. The person whose smell she was starting to forget. Lee Gon stood in her courtyard looking as elegantly royal as a king could. In his black coat with a blue collar, gold piping, and gold embroidery, he was a breathtaking sight to take in.

In a breathless snap of a moment, she felt herself run out of her house, only to stop right before him.

"Hey, have you been good?"

She nods, teary-eyed.

"It took you a while this time."

"Because I had to come from far away."

"I realized that I never gave you a single flower," he says with a shaking voice as he looks at the bouquet of delphinium in his hand.

"That's why I crossed the universe for you."

Tae-eul begins to take a step towards him only to stop midway, sensing some hesitation within herself. To her, he looked unfamiliar somehow. As if it was him, but not the version she knew at the moment.

"But the thing is, I have to go back now."

"You have to go back?" Tae-eul asks, agonized.

"Right, I also realized that I never told you this: I love you, I am deeply in love with you." 

As Lee Gon finished professing his love, he took a step towards her. The step she couldn't take, and he closed the gap between them.

Jeong Tae-eul felt wet droplets on her face as he kissed her softly, unaware if those were her tears or his. She knew at that moment she needed a little bit more time with him. Just a little bit more, to feel more of his touch.

As they broke apart, Tae-eul looked at him with eyes brimming with tears, "please don't leave right now, give me a few more moments with you."

Holding on to his hands, she leads him up to her room. Lee Gon could only look at her mesmerized that she had the potential to love every version of him.

Looking into his eyes, she wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him in for another kiss. She closes her eyes. He closes his eyes. Tears fall from both pairs of eyes. Taking a moment apart, Lee Gon kisses her tears and her eyes, as Tae-eul strokes his cheek with her thumb.

Leaning their foreheads against each other, neither utters a word. But an unspoken confirmation is given for what's about to happen next. Tae-eul's shaking hands reach his blue collar to unbutton them. She sheds the coat off him, leaving him in his black turtle neck. He takes a moment to remove the oversized beige sweater she once stole from him. He holds it up against his face, taking a moment to inhale her smell; to memorize her smell.

The turtle neck comes off. Her t-shirt comes off. In between tearful kisses, their hands explore every inch of the others' body. The rest of their clothes come off.

They lay next to each other on the bed, deeply staring into each others' eyes. Tae-eul dives back into gently kissing him, desperately, as if he would disappear under her touch. Lee Gon kisses her back with the same need. Kisses her forehead, her cheeks, her chin, her red-rimmed eyes. He continues kissing her hands, her arms, her neck. As he reaches her breast, he takes one and then the other nipple into his mouth, showing each the same passion as the rest of his kisses.

"Lee Gon, please."

She helps guide him inside her. Tears flow out of her eyes, and meet his teardrops. Mixed salty tears fall on her pillow, as they bury their heads into each other's neck.

With every thrust, he whispers a reason he loves her.

"I love you because you're brave."

"I love you because of the way you tie your hair."

"I love you for your MSD."

"I love you like the number 0."

"I love you infinitely."

"I love you for the wat you get mad at my cheesy comments."

"I love you for how you never you fail to startle me."

With every thrust, he makes it harder for her to let him go.

"I am deeply, truly in love with you, Jeong Tae-eul."

They both come undone within each other, but neither lets go of the other. Neither lifts their face up away from the nape of the others' neck, afraid to show their exhausted, dry eyes.

As Lee Gon rolls off her, laying next to her, she can't meet his eyes. She settles to fall asleep in his arms inhaling his smell.

She wakes up in an empty bed, with a note in her hand.

"There will come a moment when it seems I've disappeared. I don't want you to worry too much when that happens. It just means I'm walking through the frozen moments in time."

For all the times you said you love me, I love you too. Where are you, my Lee Gon?