Ch. 2

Nightmare felt numb. He couldn't feel anything. Not his arms, nor legs. Not his nerves. No pain. Just nothing.

At least, that was until something warm wrapped itself around him. At first, he couldn't tell what it was.

Then he realized it felt like arms. Arms wrapping around himself with so much comfort that it made him stayed relaxed.

He leaned into the warmth, not wanting it to leave him. A soft voice soon accompanied the warmth," hello, child.... I'm sorry you had to endure such pain and loss. You've been through so much pain and heartache every time your multiverse resets.... I wish I could have acted sooner. But, alas, the entities of your multiverse did not want me to interfere...... But this time, something changed... You last moment with your twin perhaps.... Whatever the case, I can now help you..... You may not remember me saying this but... You were always my chosen, young one. The moment I knew you existed, I have kept an eye on you and helped in as many ways as I could. When you were running away from your enemies, for example, I provided you the luck to escape unharmed.... Your multiverse's entities did not like that very much........But that's a story for a later time. For now, I will promise you that I will do whatever it is in my power to give you a happy ending.... You deserve it afterall..................."

"And I never break my promises."

Nightmare gasped, quickly sitting up and looking around frantically. His soul was beating quickly. He wanted that voice to come back! Where did they go??

Nightmare took a few deep breaths to calm himself. Ok, he needs to relax. Yeah...

He looked for the owner of the voice, only seeing destruction in its place. It looked like he was in a ruined AU, the grass withered and the buildings crumbled. The trees were also dead, like whoever messed this place up was like "fuck this shit, I'm out" and bailed.

Nightmare could only do one thing in that moment......

" What the actual hell?" , He stared at his surroundings, confusion filling him.

It didn't take long for him to hear voices, faint but still hearable. He put his confusion to the side, wondering who was talking. Maybe they could help him out? Although... He doubted it since they would probably tell his brothe-

Nightmare froze, wide eyed as he remembered.

His brother........

Tears started falling down his face in rapid waterfalls. He held his hand to him mouth, releasing sobs into it. He wanted to scream. He wanted to punch something. He wanted to do ANYTHING to keep his mind away from the memories.

Like following those voices for example.

He stood up, wiping away his tears on his cape. He took a deep breath, most likely to calm his nerves, before heading into the direction of the voices...

It didn't take long to find the people who owned them.  They looked to be in the town square of this au, a ruined fountain in the middle. Dust piles laid everywhere, reminding nightmare of what happened before to his friends...

He quickly shook his head, focusing on the owners of the voices he heard.

They seemed to be in a fight, standing a few paces away from eachother. It reminded him of those old western movies when two cowboys had a showdown. He can basically hear the background music of the showdown(not really but he can imagine it-).

The taller one was covered in a black gooey substance, the substance hiding most of there features. As far as Nightmare could tell, the goopy person was a skeleton. The only difference was the fact that there was gooey tentacles hanging off of the goopy person's back, all in a ready to strike pose. There were so many that Nightmare couldn't even count them. The skeleton himself reminded Nightmare of an octopus...

The shorter ,however, was a VERY different story. Nightmare's soul stopped and he chocked, immediately recognising them.

It was Dream. Not 'Golden Birb of failed justice ' Dream but the dream Nightmare knew before his brother ate the apples......

They didn't seem to have noticed him so Nightmare hid behind some of the rubble, peeking around it to see what was happening. His soul finally decided to work again but start to beat frantically as he repeated in his head," whatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuckWHATTHEFUCKINGHELL?!"

The two skeleton's looked to be injured, Dream more so than the octopus guy. Which honestly surprised nightmare. Was this mystery skeleton stronger than dream? Was he strong enough to change dream back...?

The mystery skeleton spoke, which snapped Nightmare out of his thoughts," Just give up, Dream.... You lost. I have won. This pointless game can come to an end. Just accept it."

Dream, surprisingly , stood straight, a frown on his face as he replied," I will NEVER give up! And this isn't a game! Games don't HURT people, nightmare! YOU are harming innocents! Also.... What I'm trying to do is help people! And... I'm trying to get you back... To how you were before..... I'm sorry I never saw.... I-I wish I had realized it sooner! I-"

"Shut up. Do you really expect me to forgive you after all these years? After all those years of neglect that you put me through? Dream... I'm never coming back. Don't even try. I'm never going to be my weak self EVER again....", The other hissed, glaring at Dream with rage.

Nightmare stared at the two in shock. Who wouldn't? He had just heard Dream refer to the octopus by his own name! And... Dream was sorry..? That was new.

........ This didn't make any sense. What so ever..... Was... He somewhere that had other versions of them??..... Was he in an alternate universe or multiverse?!

He's definitely going to have a rough day.....