𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙈𝙄𝙎𝙀 ¹⁵

( in which there's an aggressive outbreak
on court )

"SO YOU WERE IN the equipment room because?" Ukai nodded his head off her to continue her explanation, her dad crossing his arms and shaking his head behind him

"Ikindofsortifleftmykeywithkiyokoandlockedusinthegym." Sasuke glared the four boys next his daughter down as the brunettes spoke as fast as she could.

"you what?"

"I left my key with kiyoko and we got locked in the gym." Somi slowly let her eyes trail up to her dad only to see his sharp ones staring right into her soul.

"Somi?" The girl hummed in acknowledgement. "Go fill the water bottles." and the brunette hurriedly slipped off in the direction of her team and the rest of the boys tried to follow after.

Except Sasuke shooed off Keishin and stopped the gym three males. He looked each and everyone up and down and nodded the four eyes blonde off, Akaashi, Bokuto and Kuroo low key staring wide eyed as they still stood frozen.

"I'm watching all of you and if you hurt my daughter even once, you'll never be able to play volleyball again. As long as you treat her nicely then and only then I will accept you as hers." Sasuke turned and looked over his shoulder. "Good luck, boys. I have a feeling you're going to need it."

The father walked off and left the three boys dumbfounded and tensed. what the heck just happened?

"did that really just happen?"

"yeah! My hands are clammy now." Bokuto rubbed his hands onto his shorts as he looked at either boy nervously.

"Somi's Dad is scary." Kuroo shivered, rubbing his arms.

"How the hell did he know though?"

"you like her as well, Kuroo?" Akaashi turned to the middle blocker who's cheeks blushed a pretty Scarlett.

"w-well, yeah. who wouldn't? Bokuto and you do too so..."

"What the man said is right as well and I will follow by that rule." Akaashi looks both of them with all seriousness. "It doesn't matter who she chooses, if you hurt her, I will come back with something twice as much. That rule applies to me also."

They looked between each other and nervously played with their fingers, Akaashi still standing in front of them with his own hands behind his back. The messy haired setter occasionally leaning on the balls of his feet.

"whycamtshweshuschair?" Bokuto last cheeks were like a tomato's, his hands going up to cover his face.

"What'd you say?" Kuroo and the setter leaned in as Bokuto cleared his mind with one last thought, it couldn't hurt to ask right?

"I mean, can't we just, uhm how do I say this? You know like like her? Yeah, I- I just don't want to make her choose so how about we just, you see where I'm getting at?"

"no."

"share her." he whispered.

There was no verbal reply to the comment but they left to go to the gym. The thought in the back of their minds and they silently agreed having thought that maybe it wouldn't be so bad. They would get her love and attention and she would get everything she deserves and more.

win-win.

ARGUMENT ON COURT—

Kageyama and Hinata were in each others faces, Tanaka teaching to grab the scrawnier boy away. Somi hadn't really registered what was going on, mostly mumbling about the trajectory of the ball and the almost purposeful track it made as if it was forced to try and be hit rather than the falling set Kags had practiced.

The brunette widened her eyes when she looked up to see the fuming duo. Her hand gripped Coach Ukais arm next to her and yanked him down to her level, the man crouching quite far. Sasuke looking towards the sudden jerk of his old rival.

"call a time out." And the attention quickly grew from the almost urgent shout of the Karasuno alumni.

Karasuno quickly trailed over to the managers and Coach, Kageyama and Hinata being separated from each other. Nekomas eyes drew towards the huddle as well, curious to the suffocating tension they could feel from across court. Somis eyes were dark and she held a look of disappointment and slight irritation.

"you do not do what you just did on court. You are teammates, not children and you certainly will not be champions if you don't know how to keep yourselves in check. When you walk into this court you are expected to be players, expected to respect the court and the team on the other side. If you can't do that then you do not deserve the right to step here, if I catch that again I will be the one to put you back in check. do you understand?"

"yes, m'am."

"get back on court." Some turned without a second glance and acknowledged Kiyoko and pulled out her notes, a few scribbles going down here and there.

"I, uh, I didn't know she could do that." Keishin gulped and stuttered our the sentence to the girls father who stood next to him with a mirrored expression.

"yeah, neither did I." He watched the girl break a pencil from her tight grip, the brunette apologizing and pulling out another. "Neither did I."

Somi on the other hand was having a moment in her mind where it was just her and her memories. She remembered it so clearly and it was vivid, the brunettes lips quivered at the reminiscence of her mind.

"what a beginner though, I probably could've done better and-"

"Shut it, first year." Akiko quickly shut the girl up, the team having a practice game just to let out the grief of the loss.

"Nah, she's right." Sakura, a second year ( middle school wise? ) had insisted as they walked into the gym. "The girl could've made it, she should've bolted faster and her hesitance cost us championsh-"

"I know, okay?! I was there!" Akiko glances around quickly but never really paid attention to who was around the corner. "I just don't want her to cry some more."

"Well I don't want her to play anymore-"

"I can't bench her, she's a starter and she probably need this last laugh kind of thing the most."

"Well, I am a certain someone's daughter-" the principals daughter. "and its either she gets the bench or just gets the boot if you know what I mean."

"hey! You can't do that!" Although Akiko did somewhat blame Somi for the loss, she wasn't a heartless witch that was going to push her out of the teams loop completely.

"Yeah, watch me." She laughed.

A laugh became a grunt.

A grunt became a snarl.

A snarl became a growl.

A growl became a crack.

A fight on the girls court broke out and Somi decided to make it easy. She gave herself the boot and left, claiming herself denied the right of the court. She had a chance and her hesitance is what messed her up. Her skills or lack thereof made a fight break out and that in itself was a big enough disappointment for her to fall deeper into her home of darkness.

Somi has her own reason as to why she acted as she did, she had another side and she rather keep it personal between her and herself. That way no one worries, that way there's no need to compromise because it's always easier when you have a solidified choice. That way she doesn't need to become a disappointment.