eleven

For just being a puppy, Remy was extremely well behaved. He slept all night and did not make any messes throughout the apartment. Mystery Man must have taken the time to train him beforehand, which I am very thankful for. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind training him, but with my busy schedule, it would be hard to find the time to do so.

Although, I was still a little unsure about leaving him all alone while I went to work. I wasn't sure about his chewing habits, and I wasn't ready to find out. I won't know until my shift is over if there are any messes or not. Fingers crossed if there are messes, there not too bad. I can't afford new furniture just yet.

I decided to wake up half an hour earlier than my usual time. Remy was going to need to be let outside and then I needed to feed him. I probably had enough time getting up at my usual time, but I didn't want to push my luck and run behind. Seeing as it was our first night together, I still had a lot to learn. After work, I only had to type out notes for one more meeting, and then I have all night to spend with him. Maybe I'll take him down the road to the dog park so he can run around. He can meet other dogs to play with there.

.

After a busy morning at the coffee shop, I was excited to go home and see Remy. I'm just hoping if there's a mess, it isn't too big.

Even though I'm still a little peeved at mystery man for buying me a dog, Remy was slowly growing on me. Even if it was only one night with him. I've always wanted a dog, but with only working at the coffee shop, I knew I couldn't afford their care. Now working at Mehta Diamonds and Blue Mug it shouldn't be a problem.

When I clocked out, I noticed my letter was missing that I placed by the register. Once again, I didn't get a chance to see who was all here because I was in the back helping out the cooks. In its place was a single sunflower and a dog bone, but no note.

After grabbing all my things, I started walking back to my apartment. Upon arriving at the door, the noises I heard broke my heart. Remy must be somewhere near the door wanting out because I could hear his small whimpers coming from inside. As soon as I opened the door, Remy started jumping up and down and then started chasing his tail. It was one of the cutest things I'd ever see. Grabbing his leash, I took him outside to do his business before heading back in to give him some food and the bone from Mystery Man.

While Remy ate his food, I went and changed into something more comfortable. Grabbing my laptop and the notes, I headed to the living room to finish my typing. There was only one more meeting worth of notes to type.

While I was working, Remy was curled up next to me sleeping. It was nice having some company even though they couldn't talk back to me. Thinking about it, I still needed to send a picture to Manit. He'll be in love with Remy. Then again, he might even try to snatch him away from me. Manit loved animals as I did, and his favourite dog was a husky.

Pausing my work, I took the picture of Remy sleeping and sent it. Not even a minute later, Manit was calling me. I didn't even have time to greet him before he started talking.

"No, you didn't. You got a dog without me?"

"No, Manit. Mystery Man bought him and left him at my door."

"You lucky bitch. I need to come over some time now."

"We will plan something soon."

"That we will, baby girl. Find me a man like this Mystery Man of yours. Sorry, work calls. I love you, bye."

"Love you too, Manit."

Leave it to Manit, to drop whatever he was doing, to call me.

Two hours later, I was finally done with work. The notes took longer than I expected.

Heading into the kitchen, I grabbed a bite to eat before taking Remy to the dog park. I settled on making me a chicken sandwich with some grapes on the side.

Once finished, I grabbed Remy a few treats, a ball, and his leash, then put my shoes on. The walk to the park only took 15 minutes, and the fresh air was wonderful. Remy was just as excited as I was to get outside.

When we arrived at the park, I walked through the gates and let Remy off of his leash so he could run around. In the meantime, I sat on a bench enjoying the weather while Remy ran around with other dogs.

Twenty minutes into our playdate, I failed to notice the rain clouds in the sky when it started to heavily pour. Calling Remy over so I could hook him on his leash, we started to leave the park, when a shiny white car with tinted windows, pulled up next to the curb. The mystery person rolled their window down to reveal Mr. Mehta in the driver's seat.

"Miss. Joshi, let me give you a ride to your place. You need to get out of this rain. You'll catch a cold."

"Are you sure? I don't want to ruin your seats because I'm soaked as well as my dog." I mean, his car looked really expensive, and I didn't want to be the reason his interior got destroyed or smelled like a wet dog.

"I assure you, Miss. Joshi, that you and your dog will not ruin my car. So please get inside before you get sick. I'd feel horrible if you were to end up ill when I can help."

"Thank you, Mr. Mehta. I would hate to miss work during my second week at the office."

He smiled in reply. When Remy and I got settled inside the car, Mr. Mehta took off following the directions I gave him to my apartment.

The ride was silent, but it was comfortable. This is why I don't have friends; I can't make conversation. Even Remy was content being in the car.

Out of the corner of my eye, I would catch Mr. Mehta looking at me from time to time. Was it weird to be in my boss's car? I thought it was at least, but I was thankful to be out of the rain.

Arriving at the apartment complex, I thanked Mr. Mehta and headed inside with Remy.

Once we were inside, I went to my bathroom to get a towel and dried the semi-wet puppy off. He was going to need a bath now. After Remy was settled, I went back into the bathroom and changed out of my wet clothes, then dried my hair.

The time was nearing 6 o'clock, and I wasn't feeling the greatest. Partly because my head was starting to pound and I could feel my sinuses plugging up. Great, just what I needed. I took my boss's offer to not end up sick, but I was still getting sick in the long run. Hopefully, some medicine and a good night's sleep would do me some good. I went to the kitchen to put some food and water into Remy's bowels and then decided to take him outside to potty in case I fell asleep. If I get comfy enough somewhere, I knew it would be a matter of time before I fell asleep.

Making my way back into the living room, I grabbed a blanket and laid on the couch watching T.V. Making sure my alarm was set for the right time to get up in the morning, I made myself comfortable on the couch. Not before long, my fur ball of a husky was laying with me, and I was out like a light.