Part 8

But when morning came, Xiao Zhan didn’t come down. Checking his mobile-cam, Xiao Zhan was still sleeping.

“It was already nine,” Qian Feng said, chewing his breakfast slowly.

“What has actually happened yesterday?”

“I’m not sure. He was fine in the morning, and suddenly got furious when I asked him to get back home.”

“Did you say something that offended him?” Qian Feng looked at him.

Yibo tilted his head. “I don’t think so. I didn’t talk that much.”

“Of course you didn’t. You just never talk much, and maybe that was what made him furious.”

“Why should he get furious by me not much talking?” Yibo was taken aback.

“I don’t know. Maybe he wanted to have conversation with you…”

“But we did talk…”

“Which didn’t count as conversation when you just answered him with ‘mmn’…” Qian Feng rolled his eyes.

YIbo knitted his eyebrows. “How come…”

“Okay, okay… just forget it! You won’t get it anyway…”

Yibo snorted. “Fine. I’ll check on him then.”

“Take these with you. He might wanna have breakfast in his room,” Qian Feng said, giving him a plate of salty potato wedges and honey tea.

“Okay…”

Yibo knocked on Xiao Zhan’s door. “Zhan-ge…?”

No answer.

“Zhan-ge…?”

Still no answer.

Yibo pushed the door open slowly. “Zhan-ge?”

Xiao Zhan was still curling on his side. The comforter was covering him until his shoulder.

Yibo put the breakfast on the bedside table and brought himself hovering above Xiao Zhan to take a look closer, and he bit his bottom lip.

Xiao Zhan was indeed sleeping. But his breath was fast and shallow, most likely panting. His hair was damped from the sweat, even Yibo could see buds of sweat on his forehead.

Was Xiao Zhan really sick?

Yibo gently put his hand on Xiao Zhan’s forehead and then gasped; Xiao Zhan was so hot. “Zhan-ge…?”

“Mmm…?” Xiao Zhan finally hummed weakly.

“Zhan-ge, you’re having fever…” Yibo whispered.

“Mmm…” Xiao Zhan hummed again.

Yibo got back downstairs to get some medicine. “Zhan-ge is having fever,” he said to Qian Feng.

“What! It must be because of the rain yesterday,” Qian Feng replied.

“You’re taking some medicine?”

“Yes. Call Han-ge,” Yibo said while walking upstairs.

“Okay!”

Yibo gently rubbed Xiao Zhan’s back. “Ge, you have to eat a bit, and take this medicine…”

Xiao Zhan didn’t move.

“Zhan-ge…”

“No…” Xiao Zhan finally replied.

“You’re having fever.”

Nothing from Xiao Zhan.

Yibo sat on the bed next to curling Xiao Zhan. “Ge… You need to take some medicine.”