Part 16

Yibo entered the room silently not to wake Xiao Zhan up. He wake up early and went to the market to buy some food and spare clothes. He also changed his phone and number to an older-version one with low wave transmitter to prevent them tracking him down for a while.

Waiting for Xiao Zhan to wake up, Yibo unpacked his backpack to find his hardware. He was thinking about assembling some communication device with low wave to contact either Qian Feng or Tianhe. But then he hesitated. He didn't know if they were safe or not. Trying to reach them while they were on caught would be troublesome. He wrote down a copy of important numbers on his notebook before dismantling his phone. He was sure that Wang Han would find him no matter what.

Yibo made himself a cup of coffee after taking his shower and turned on the TV. Maybe he would find any news concerning He Jiong or Xiao Ping.

It was around ten o'clock when finally Yibo noticed Xiao Zhan stirring and opening his eyes.

"You're awake..." Yibo said.

Xiao Zhan didn't answer, stared at the thin air blankly.

Yibo stayed still, gave Xiao Zhan some time to cope with his mind.

Minutes later, Xiao Zhan sat up, leaned back against the headboard.

"You want some coffee?" Yibo asked.

Xiao Zhan nodded.

Yibo got up and made a cup of coffee, and then took his seat on the side of the bed. "Here you go."

Xiao Zhan took the coffee and sipped it slowly.

"You okay?" Yibo asked again.

Xiao Zhan sipped the coffee some more and then nodded.

"You... wanna talk about it?" Yibo asked, attentively watching his reaction.

"Should we?"

"Yes."

Xiao Zhan nodded and put the coffee on the bedside table. He stared at Yibo, waiting.

Yibo didn't really know where to start. Maybe he was the best student for all academic subject, but wasn't that good when it came to communicate feeling.

"I hate you..." said Xiao Zhan suddenly. "As much as I love you."

"What?" Yibo widened his eyes, couldn't cope with what he just heard.

"You heard me."

"When?"

"When what?"

"First time you realized that you love me?"

Xiao Zhan inhaled deeply, rested his head against the headboard.

"During those days you took care of me."

Yibo gulped.

"When you stayed up all night almost everyday just to make sure I was okay, until you fell a sleep on the couch..."

"..."

"Or maybe the way you escort me every night..."

"..."

"You never missed my mealtime..."

"..."

"Or how you always stay by my side, how you keep me company even in the silence..."

"That's my job, Ge."

Xiao Zhan nodded. "I know. And that's why I hate you."

"Ge..."