Chapter 31***

(DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. It's important to remember this is all totally fabricated, embellished, and exaggerated for entertainment purposes.)

**********

***THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED AND IS NO LONGER CENSORED***

"Light it up, on the run..."

Zayn | Dusk Till Dawn

"Hey..." Z nudged me with his elbow after we'd watched several episodes of the Sopranos and dozed off to Rick and Morty. He hadn't smoked once since I'd gotten there and I imagined he was ready to rectify that.

"Hey..." I sighed, gazing over at him. He leaned in and rested his forehead on my shoulder, and I brushed my cheek against his silky hair, positive he was falling asleep.

"Styler..." he whispered.

"Hm?"

"Youh busy?"

"Mm. Not at the moment. Not particularly," I chuckled weakly.

"What'd youh do yesterday. Youh have a good day?"

"Mm-hm" I nodded, even though he couldn't see. "Had a bit of time in studio... wrote a little. And, uh...made a few calls, I think. Nothing too crazy."

"Yeah?" he sighed a little.

"How was your day?"

"It was alright, I guess. Made a few calls too y'know?"

"Mm-hm."

"Stuff with the label, and Sarah. The usual."

"'Business as usual," I said, feeling anticipatory of his next move.

"How's the writin' comin' along?"

"I got a lot of help from a few new guys I met. Trying to make a band or something," I laughed. "It might work. But I'll have to hold off soon..."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. I got that Nolan thing, remember?"

"Oh, that's right. The Nolan thing. Soh, it's a sure thing, yeah?"

"Looks like..."

"Good, babe." I felt a catharsis wash over me when he finally said it. Why didn't he hold back this time? Babe. It had been casual and intimate. Unreserved and direct. What a relief.

"Youh gonna be a massive movie star or somethin'?" he snickered through a cough.

"We'll see how it goes," I shrugged. "I might be sh-t."

"Noh. Noh I doubt it. You're really gud."

"You don't know that."

"Noh, I do..."

"D'you recokon?"

"You're really good with things."

"With things?"

"Yeah, with things. Always were. Whateva youh like, put your mind to. I've seen it." My heart sputtered. He relaxed against me, becoming heavier and more trusting by the moment.

"...I appreciate that." Soon he lifted his head and looked over at me with heavy eyes, pausing to watch my lips.

"Youh tired?"