Chapter 52***

(DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. It's important to remember this is all totally fabricated, embellished, and exaggerated for entertainment purposes.)

**********

***THIS CHAPTER WAS EDITED AND IS NO LONGER CENSORED***

There's only us,

simply because,

Thinking of us makes us both happy,

I think of you every way, yesterday and today,

I think of things we do all the way everyday

Yes | Yesterday and Today

Niall sat in the center of his bed and went over and over how he messed up on one of our sets

Niall sat in the center of his bed and went over and over how he messed up on one of our sets. I tried to convince him no one had noticed, but he said it didn't matter. He had noticed and it was enough to make him lose sleep.

"Bad vibes, Harold. That's all that is, mate. Can't wait to get outta this place and start over."

"Mate, you gotta chill!" I laughed, approaching the foot of the bed. "Not every night's gonna be perfect—"

"Easy for you ta say. You don't've to worry about playing, do you? Just poppin' 'round. being Harry Styles. Cheeky, curly lad. Me, on the other hand, I look like an idiot out there when I mess up. Everyone's so forgiving of you—"

"You don't think they'd forgive you too? Nialler, c'mon, mate. No one even noticed it tonight. I didn't even know until you told me. Jon missed it too. Just go easy on yourself, alright?"

"What about you?" His lilt intensified whenever he was upset. "You always go so easy on yourself?"

"To be honest, it's a lot easier said than done. I'll admit that."

"Exactly. That's f'sure."

"I still get nervous before every song. But like a...like a good nervous, y'know? Then I can, uh, sort of convert that energy into something useful. I let those nerves drive the performance."

When his brother called, I lay across the foot of the bed and eavesdropped on their conversation. They had big plans for the summer after the tour ended. It reminded me of my mom's wedding which had approached faster than I realized. I'd gotten fitted for a tux the other day and sent the measurements back home to Cheshire. She was worried that if I got fitted too soon with all the exertion I did onstage it wouldn't fit by June—

My phone buzzed and I was elated to see it was Zayn. 'Long time,' was all it said. I bit my lip and tried so hard to be annoyed with him.

 I bit my lip and tried so hard to be annoyed with him