[II]✨

"Ladies and gentlemens-"

The female host started announcing each pairs to link up with their respective partners and spread out under the royal chandelier considerately.

Disappointment, that was all storming inside me at that very moment.

"Ember?" Uncertainty was filled with Meiying's eyes as well as in her silky voice. She gently placed her hand on my shoulder in the matter of consideration to my current state.

"I'll be fine guys, you need to go hurry." I flashed them a forged excitement while pushing them forward by the backs from the spot so that they could at least savor their moment, unless me. On their way they looked back to check on me one more time if I was okay or not. Of course I was upset but I couldn't ruin their mood showing my depressed, faltering face which must be looking like an unemployed clown right now. So I showed them another strained smile and shouted,

"Enjoy!"

The jolting colourful lights turned the glorious atmosphere into a mysterious dark norm. The only glistening object that left was the royal chandelier. It made me sadder than I already was even a nanosecond ago. However, hopelessly, I carried my cloudy body out of the circle where the pairs were now gathering for the waltz.

I stared at the colourful pairs, then again, drove the downcast gaze back to my gown. I had been desperately waiting for this very moment to dance with great relish, underneath this beautiful chandelier, with this beautiful rose gold glittery gown that I bought for this goddamn ball from my 5 months savings straight! Now it's literally disappointing me to the lunacy, knowing that I couldn't be able to dance with the cherish I longed for so long.

Nevertheless, hoping that fortune had another plan for me. But I ain't any optimistic.

 But I ain't any optimistic