ushijima wakatoshi

hi guys.. haha 😓

god i was this close to pushing this update back a day

& sorry for another late update omg it's been like 11 days i-

this was requested by @/vennnnii ^^ sorry if this wasn't up to your standards

here's this long overdue one shot yayyyy i'm updating early so i can sleep now oh and not proofread pls tell me any mistakes

ushijima's natural frown took place on his face while he looked around, his eyes scanned the unfamiliar environment. he should've been in practice by now, but somehow, and much to his disappointment, his team had persuaded coach washijō into letting them have a day off at this skating ring he never knew about. the olive-haired boy would much rather be spending his time in improving his spikes and serves.

"what'cha looking at, ushiwaka?" tendou asked as he appeared beside the stoic and intimidating third year. his lips were curved up at the ends in his usual smile and the clothes he wore consisted of an oversized grey hoodie, matching with black jeans that would offer him some warmth for the time being.

ushijima subtly held his hands closer to his body once he felt the consequences of not wearing a more fluffier jacket to the ice skating ring. "we should be practicing." he spoke flatly, only giving his friend a glance.

tendou opened his mouth to say some smart remark, but his attention shifted to the to the two first years that were butting heads. "hey, hey! fighting over some ice skates?" he screeched as he walked towards goshiki and shirabu who were playing tug-of-war over some light purple skates.

ushijima didn't bother paying attention anymore, thinking it would be a waste of his time. instead, he decided to make the most of his time here and grabbed some skates that are his size from one of the workers there. might as well enjoy himself.

ushijima quickly slipped on his skates and walked over to the ring, careful not to trip. he placed one foot on the ice and then the other. it was going relatively well until ushijima lost balance and tipped over, but right before he could fall into the ice, hands snuck around his waist and wrist.

"woah there! almost fell for me, huh?"

ushijima quickly balanced himself with the help of the mysterious boys hands around his torso and wrist. he looked at the culprit, not acknowledging the poor, and cliche, pick up line. "thank you." he mumbled as he peeled himself away from the boys grasp, holding himself up with barely any balance.

"i'm (name), and you seem to be having problems with ice skating! you new? doesn't matter, i'll teach ya!" (name) said with a closed eye smile, giving him a peace sign for no particular reason.

"i am not-"

"nonsense, i know a struggling guy when i see one. come on!" (name) exclaimed and took ushijima's wrist in his hand. he didn't seem to care about his name or where he was from, maybe he was just wanted a temporary student.

ushijima could only let out a sigh as he got dragged to the middle of the skating ring, barely able to balance himself, along with this guy that he didn't know, apart from his name. he could only assume he was around his age and that was it. ushijima was slowly starting to rethink his life choices at this point, but he was taken out of his thoughts when the grip on his wrist halted.

"come on, just copy me." (name) said with a kind smile as he started to glide on the ice, he looked back and stifled a laugh when he saw his new friend struggle with doing the simplest thing. the (color)-haired boy quickly went back by ushijima's side and took his hand, forcing him to move in sync with his fluid movements.

"you're good." ushijima stated the obvious while he made sure that he kept his balance on the thick ice. he felt like he's done something like this, ice skating with someone else, but it was probably just a memory from one of the shounen ai mangas tendou made him read.

"nah, my mom just taught me a couple tricks and that's all." (name) explained while he kept a close eye on ushijima's form. "maybe i can teach you something or two!" he suggested with a closed eye smiled that could charm anyone.

ushijima wanted to say no and go back with his classmates, but his urges told him to stay with this guy a little longer. plus, he doubted (name) would let him leave.

"yup, you're a quick learner!" (name) exclaimed as he roughly left a pat on ushijima's back. the (color)-haired boy taught him how to lunge, even though ushijima looked a bit weird doing it since he's so buff and tall, he was proud of him nonetheless.

ushijima only nodded in acknowledgment. some of the previous cold left his body after doing some tricky stunts (name) tried to teach him.

"hm.. you would look good doing an axel jump.. or maybe a lutz. nah, you're too muscly for that!" the ice skater thought aloud, fingers on his chin in deep thought. but he was brought back into reality when he heard some aggressive yelling to his side.

(name) let out an aggravated groan when he saw one of his friends waving him over, knowing that it was his time to leave. if only he had another hour with this guy, maybe he could've persuaded him into going on a date with him.

"well. i gotta go, stoic guy! so here's my number!" (name) exclaimed and shoved a small piece of crumbled paper into ushijima's hand. he turned on his heel and skated off of the ring to meet up with his friend.

ushijima only stood still and watched (name) gather with his friends, only two thoughts in his head. first of all, stoic guy? and second of all.., did (name) have that piece of paper prepared?

sorry if this seems half assed i haven't been doing my best lately haha

and umm i'm thinking of taking a break..?? i don't think any of u care but yeah maybe a week or two where i don't write at all but after my break i'll be posting updates every 3/4 days again yay

blinks okay bye now see u guys in a while