Part 6

"Mom, I'm okay, really."Izuku said weakly, as Inko finished straightening the blanket around her son and proceeded to place a cool compress on his head. The teen turned his head to cough harshly into the sleeve of his hospital attire. It had been a long morning for Izuku, he was newly diagnosed with pneumonia, which caused Inko 's anxiety to increase greatly. 

"Are you sure, Son?"Ink asked. "Are you warm enough, too warm,  do you want your pain medicine or a drink?" She reached out to stroke his hair softly, only for the ill teen to take hold of her hand.

"I'm sure, Mom. It's fine, please just calm down." Tears filled Inko's eyes as she carefully wrapped her arms around him.

"M-Mom, I don't want you to end up with-"

"Y-You scared me half to death, Izuku." She sobbed, unable to hold in her feelings any longer. "I've n-never been more afraid in my life. I really thought I'd lost you and I can't even tell you how it felt to-"Izuku returned the hug.

"I know,I'm sorry, that must've been terrible for you. Please, don't cry anymore. I really am okay. I'll be better soon and everything will be fine."He soothed, hoping to defuse the situation. Inko had been fussing and sobbing more often after nearly losing him. Izuku found it difficult to rest when his mother was in so much pain herself.

"O-Of course you will, Son." She sniffled, pulling away to force a reassuring smile through the tears. The smile quickly faded, she took his hand and used her free hand to stroke his dark hair. "I love you so much and I really don't know what I would've done if you didn't come back to me, Baby."

"I did and you don't have to worry about that. Maybe you should sit down for a while and see if your show's on.  That always makes you feel better. Isn't it the semi finals?'

"That's not important. You're my priority, not the cooking shows, there will always be another show, but there's only one of you." A sudden tone of anger mixed with the tears. "I'll tell you what I should do, Izuku Midoriya, I should pull you right out of that school and bring you straight home. My heart just can't take it, Izuku." Deku's heart sank.

"Mom, please-"Inko held up a hand to silence him.

"That's exactly what I should do...but I know what it would do to you and it would hurt me to see you go through all of this and not be the person you're obviously meant to be. Don't you ever scare me like that again, do you hear me?" relieved by the news, Izuku relaxed into the pillow. 

"Y-yeah, I'll try." Inko narrowed her eyes at her son.

"Izuku-"

"W-well, it's kind of in the job description, isn't it, I mean heroes put themselves in danger to protect others from it. I can't promise you I won't get hurt, mom. But I can promise you that I'm going to do my very best and maybe I'll even make you and dad proud one day." Inko shook her head.

"We're already proud of you, Izuku. we always have been. I can't expect you to understand right now and honestly, I hope you never know that fear. I'm sorry, Son." The reply was cut off by a sharp cough which sent a wave of pain through the teen's body, he let out an involuntary moan.

"Oh Izuku, baby-"

"It's fine. The nurse should be here with a breathing treatment soon and it'll help me a lot." He said attempting to catch his breath. Neither one of them noticed Bakugu and Mitsuki entering the room. Mitsuki set the wheelchair beside the bed, allowing her son to move from the chair to the edge of the bed. The blond teen briefly caught Izuku's eye, seeing the pleading look in them. He smirked, turning to watch the woman fuss over her son. 

"So what happened with the weird mustache guy from last night, did he make the top three?"Bakugo asked, surprising both Inko and Mitsuki. 

"Since when do you care about the baking competition, Katsuki?"Mitsuki crossed her arms in front of her. Bakugo shrugged.