3: what someone said

Shiloh looked to her side at the sky that had hardly even woken up. It was about five thirty in the morning and Shiloh got an early start to the day. She munched on her granola bar as she walked over to the temple.

Not paying attention to her path she found her self quickly tumbling to the floor. She squeezed her eyes shut and braced for impact, but it never came.

Shiloh looked up to see a familiar gem holding onto her arms.

"Caught you." Garnet chuckled lightly.

"Oh yeah, thank you." Shiloh stepped forward so she was standing up.

"Is it okay that I brought a granola bar? I was just really, really hungry." Shiloh asked as Garnet let go of her.

"Yeah, that's fine." Garnet said then started walking the other way.

Shiloh looked at her confused before getting the gist to follow her and ran to catch up.

___

Garnet and Shiloh had been walking for what seemed to be for a long time.

Shiloh still wasn't sure where they were going but she kept a conversation going as she lagged behind Garnet.

"-But honestly it was worth it. The ice cream was top notch." Shiloh spun in a little circle as they kept walking.

Shiloh finally kept quite as they continued the walk. Shiloh looked over to the ocean, the moon was setting and beautifully reflected off of the water.

Nothing at that moment could be heard except for the birds singing, the sound of walking in rocks, and the waves hitting the shore.

"Even though I haven't been able to cure my writers block yet I still really like it in Beach City. It's pretty. Oh! And it's so nice to not have to be around my family all the time. They're always looking down on my music career. Telling me that it's going no where and people are going to get over it really fast... they're supposed to be family but for a lot of my life I haven't really felt like they give off that kind of love. We never do anything together." Shiloh sighed. "And don't even get me started on my sisters. Faith and Cassiel. I'm the middle child so I already don't get enough guidance from my parents, but sometimes they make it so much worse. Faith is always out shinning me and better at literally everything, mom and dad praise her. Meanwhile Cassiel is the baby so she gets unconditional love and attention and can get what ever she wants with nothing but a 'please'. What am I supposed to be? Chopped liver? At home I'm either being ignored or something is being rubbed in my face."

Shiloh shook her head and looked up to the sky. "Not to mention my sisters are so much bigger than me. I mean that literally... and metaphorically, I guess."

Shiloh went back to silence as she kept following Garnet.

But the silence didn't last long.

"Hey, are we there yet?"

"No."

"... Are we there yet now?"

"Not yet." Garnet kept her nonchalant composure.

"What about... now?"

"Yes."

"Wait, really?"

Garnet stopped walking and Shiloh peeked around her to see they were at the field of magic flowers once again.

"Hey, I remember this place!" Shiloh ran forward and twirled around.

She reached the top and waited for Garnet to catch up.