6

Why am I here? 

My stomach ached, probably because I skipped breakfast.

Feet shuffling, I stood in front of Mondo's door. And my hand punched the wood. 

In seconds, we were staring at each other. Eyes like bullets in our heads. No other sound was in range. 

I didn't dare blink. His deep purple eyes were consuming me like I was prey. "Taka-"

"AH right. Hi." Shaking my head, snapping back to the moment, Mondo let me in. 

As my feet reached his floor, darkness engulfed me, tumbling me back. 

Mondo let out a small chuckle. "Sorry about the darkness, I was just sleeping-"

"Oh jeez I'm sorry I can l-" 

"It's fine, Taka. I want you  here." It rolled out of his mouth like nothing. 

"Why?" my voice shaken. "Why after the sauna? Why at all?" Like a magnet, my hands flew to my head. "I'M NOTHING OK? NOTHING!" All of the weight of the words pulled me to Mondo's floor, as I let out a yell. 

"Taka-" I heard footsteps inching closer, and soft hands holding mine, lifting them upwards. 

I looked up to see Mondo, directly in front of me. "M-"

Mondo leaned into me gently, and just like that, his lips found mine. 

His hands went to my face, which gave me time to pull away. 

Locked in place, it seemed Mondo couldn't move. 

"Do you feel sorry for me or something?" I spat, standing. 

The ultimate gang leader followed my lead, shaking his head. "No. Not at all. I'm sorry you would ever think like that--"

"NO. I'm sorry you'd ever take pity on me." Tears fell from my face like rain down a pipe. "I'm just nothing. I don't matter."

From confusion to shock, a frown grew on his face. 

"Damn you!" I closed my eyes, shivering. "Now I can't get you out of my head. Jesus. Why did you come in the shower with me? Why am I even here?"

Whipping around, I ran. But this time, something stopped me. Mondo gripped my sleeve, and pulled me back to him. 

"You," he cleared his throat, "you really don't get it huh?" 

My legs felt like jelly. 

"Taka, I care about you. I never hated you at all, I just wanted to try and get you out of my head. To prove I wasn't in love with you. But-"

I ran. But instead of disappearing, I crashed into Mondo's arms, tears streaming like a waterfall. Arms wrapped around my body, holding me like I was made of glass.