Chapter Two

His Family

We were just in the car, on the way to his family's house and I was restless. I'm fucking nervous and my hands are trembling.

This is how it feels when the person you love presents you to his or her parents. I would finally get to know the people who raised Kenji, and because he's too precious to me I decided to agree to meet them. I am very thankful that I found him or shall I say he found me. Especially when I need someone to lean on and help me.

He hold my hand while his other hand is driving. Kenji always does that and I can't help but stare at him, I was mesmerised.

"Don't be nervous, it's just my family.." He said while his eyes were on the road.

"No, I'm not nervous. Like you said, it's just your family.." I answered with full confidence in myself. I was swallowed up, I knew I couldn't escape because we were already here.

I heard him giggling. "I saw your hands tremble and you always bit your lower lip. That shows that you're nervous, babe."

Kilalang kilala niya na talaga ako. I raised an eyebrow at him, but he continued teasing me until we reached them, at their house.

He stopped the car. I saw the big house. I did not wonder if their house was so big.

He's smiling at me. My heart beats so fast as he opens the door.

As we entered, expensive vases and paintings appeared in their living room. Pure glasses too. Their housemates came out and greeted us.

"Avaaaa!!" Someone shouted my name from a far. And as I looked at her I saw her with a smile on her face running towards us.

I smiled a bit.

She hugged me tight as she came to me and whispered to me "Fake smile or is that a nervous smile? Goodluck."

I just rolled my eyes at her and replied, "As if I'm scared." After that I walked straight to their dining table. The table was full of food. You thought If there's a grand occasion.

Kenji pulled me out a chair and I sat down. He sat down next to me and Keira was right in front of me with a smile on her face.

"Keira." Tawag ko sa kanya, "Where's Renzo Ferrer? I thought he was coming tonight." I asked.

She raised her eyebrow on me and crossed her arms. "He's not. Too busy."

"Making more money for us. Geez, I don't need that. I'm already rich." She added then flipped her hair.

Hmm. I smell something fishy on them. It looks like they are enemies and had a bad argument with these two. So that's why Renzo is not here now.

"Mom, Dad." Kenji stands up as he sees both parents.

Suddenly I stood up. I looked at them. His father, I know him. I remembered that he was the one who helped me when I had miscarriage. He's the doctor in that hospital he owned. Is he an ob gyne? Or is he a general doctor? Damn, he looks so respected.

And his mother? She's beautiful. But I got the feeling that she doesn't like me. From her judgmental point of view you can see that she immediately dislikes me.

Next, a woman came that I didn't know who she was at this important meeting.

"Hi Kenji!" Greetings from a woman I do not know and ran to Kenji.

He hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. Wow! What the hell?! Who is she? She kissed Kenji and hugged him too. But Kenji didn't react to what she did. The fuck

I glanced at them. I took a deep breath. Calm down, Ava. Maybe she's just their family friend so that's it. Don't let your night be ruined by that girl

I felt Kenji's hand on me. I smiled at him bittersweetly. I did not announce that I was going to explode because there was a girl that looked like a squid close to him.