Chapter Six

Trouble

The theme for Keira's Bridal Shower was 'A Black Tie, Glitter, and Glitz.'

This theme was ideal for a bride-to-be like Keira, who enjoys dressing to the nines. I see... she even invited guests to dress up in their finest outfits and dazzle party-goers with glitters, glitz, and glam. This will be a fun night for us.

We also participated in the picture session because Ash, Yeisha, and Venice were sitting at the same table and constantly stayed together. We took a photo with the bride-to-be. Aside from us, I saw other people whose faces I recognized but not their names.

Following the session, the program continues. The waiters suddenly handed us wine glasses, and everyone rose up and lifted our glasses.

"For the soon-to-be bride, Mrs. Keira Claire Easton-Ferrer!" The host finally announced. Our glasses emitted noises that echoed all around the room. Clearly, it's going to happen soon.

"Cheers!" Keira exclaimed, raised her glass, and she gulped her champagne without leaving any trace.

Except for me, they all do the same thing. I took a seat and set my glass of champagne on the table. I'm a little upset since I won't be able to enjoy my favorite champagne today, but I'm hoping to commemorate Keira's approaching wedding in another way.

"Why didn't you drink your champagne?" Ashlaine questioned, continuing, "You used to adore champagne, Ava." I just gazed at her, hesitating whether to tell her the truth or not.

"I don't like champagne right now," I say,"but maybe later." Playing safe for now.

I lied. Maybe I'll just tell them I'm pregnant the next time.

"Ava, is there something you're not telling us?" Yeisha suddenly asked out of curiosity, "As if you're pregnant? She added.

Gosh. Their instincts are quite powerful. Despite the fact that I didn't drink champagne, people believed I was pregnant immediately. Is it really time to tell them I'm pregnant? I'm unable to answer since my mouth has dried up. I had intended not to notify them, but it looks like I will be forced to.

"Ate Ava, Keira already informed us that you're pregnant," Venice said, and I gazed blankly for a while. At the same time, Ashlaine and Yeisha grinned at me.

My eyes widened. "What?! Keira! That girl gets on my nerves all the time! I was going to surprise you all, but she's already spread the word. Damn!"

They laughed and motioned to Keira, who had already gone to the front. I stood up, I couldn't believe her, and we had talked without informing them first so that we might surprise them, but then now I'd know she notified them straight away! She's a very talkative person who cannot be trusted. What a headache! Susugururin ko talaga siya ngayon.

"Wait!" I said goodbye, but Ash interrupted me, and the light went out.

"Calm down." She stated, "The surprise box is definitely there, and Keira will never forget this night," she chuckled.

Suddenly a large box appeared. Even at their table, everyone was cheering. Ellee seemed to be looking forward to opening the large box.

Keira, approached the box and slowly unraveled the ribbon. She went to her front-row seat after removing the tie and because the light was turned off, it was quite dark; suddenly, a red spotlight focused on the box turned on, and the dancing guys revealed.

They're all topless, masked, and wearing black slacks, with a black ribbon around their necks.

The visitors are all going crazy as they begin to dance. I'm astonished. I'm the only one who isn't comfortable with what I'm witnessing right now... I observe Ellee, Feline, Venice, Snow, Selene, Brigette, and Savina discussing the males approaching Keira.