Chapter Twelve

Accident

We hurried to the nearby hospital where Kenji was located. Erol insisted on driving me there, and during that time, I had already informed everyone about what had happened.

As we parked at the hospital, I quickly opened the car door to get out. "Ava, wait up!" I heard Erol shout, but I entered the hospital first.

I immediately went to the Information desk, "How can I help you ma'am?" The female nurse asked me, "Can you find Kenji Easton on your Information and what room he is in?" I asked.

"For a while, will check on it, ma'am." Sagot niya at ilang minuto lang, "May I know your name and what your relation to him?" She asked.

I responded, "Mrs. Easton, Ava Easton." The nurse informed me, "Currently, Mr. Easton is in the emergency room."

Matapos niyang sabihin iyon ay natigilan ako ng bahagya saka mabilis na hinanap ng mga mata ko kung nasaan ang Emergency room nila dito, saktong nakita ko naman ito agad kaya kahit narinig ko pa na tinatawag ako ng babaeng nurse ay hindi ko ito pinansin na lang.

Nagdire-diretso lang ako na parang walang narinig.

I felt a surge of joy when I spotted my eyes him, It's Kenji!

And without hesitation, I called out his name and hurried over to him.

He greeted me with a tight hug so I did the same to him, he didn't notice that even though I was pregnant I still ran because of the rush to see him.

I was fucking worried about him, but thank god he looked safe.

"What happened?" I asked. Bahagyang lumuwag ang kanyang pagyakap sa akin at marahan na naupo.

He bowed his head for a few seconds, "It's all my fault.." He blamed himself now. I sat next to him and slowly held his hand.

"This is not your fault, Kenji it was an accident." I affirmed to ease his heart.

"After I left the house, I contacted Savina to discuss about Aztrid, and she agreed to meet. We met at a certain location, and Savina brought Aztrid along," Kenji explained.

"At the beginning of our conversation, everything seemed fine, but it eventually escalated into an argument. Savina abruptly took Aztrid and left in her car, and I didn't stop them," Kenji paused, reflecting on the situation.

He straightened his back and then leaned in, his voice wavering as he spoke. "I saw everything that happened to their car. It crashed into an oncoming vehicle right in front of them."

I observed his fingers clenching as he continued, "I ran to chase them, but I was too late. I couldn't save them. Damn it." His voice trembled with frustration, and I could sense the deep anguish he felt about the tragic situation.

If I were there I would have felt the same way so I can't blame Kenji now why he reacted like that.

"What did the doctor say about their condition?" I inquired. "I brought them to the hospital, but the doctor hasn't come out yet, so I've been waiting patiently."

"Kenji, are you alright? Are you sure you're okay?" I asked, my voice filled with concern and surprise as I noticed blood suddenly dripping from his nose.

He quickly looked up and used his hand to staunch the flow of blood from his nose. Mabilis ko naman hinanap sa aking bag ang tissue na dala-dala ko saka binigay ito sa kanya.

"You should rest Kenji. Maybe your tired and exhausted from the accident." I stated.

"I'm fine, Babe. Don't worry about me. It was just a nose bleed." He assured. "You sure? Did someone check on you?" Tanong ko ulit para makasigurado.