Diagon Alley

"First year students will require three sets of plain work robes, one wand." Amel read over Harry's shoulder before looking up at Hagrid.

"Essential bit of equipment, Amel" he said as she nodded.

"One pair of dragon-hide gloves" Harry spoke softly but with confusion in his voice before looking up. "Hagrid, do they mean from a real dragon?" Harry questioned and Hagrid responded quickly.

"Well they don't mean a penguin do they? Ha" he smiled as he spoke again. "Crikey. I'd love a dragon"

"You'd like a dragon?" Amel asked and Hagrid nodded. "Vastly misunderstood beasts Amel. Vastly misunderstood. " He said as he nodded at a woman across from him who was staring at the tall man in awe.

Amel quite liked dragons, but keeping one? That seems like a lot of work.

+

"All students must be equipped with... one standard size 2 pewter cauldron and may bring if they desire an owl, a cat or a toad. " Harry read as he walked along side Hagrid, Amel on the other side of Hagrid.

"Can we find all this in London?" Harry asked and Hagrid smiled softly. "If you know where to go"

They walked to a door and a sign that was black now had the words 'the leaky cauldron' on it.

The two kids and Hagrid walked in and Harry smiled at the sight of other wizards while Amel felt overwhelmed and gripped Harry's shirt.

Hagrid lightly pushed their backs and lead them to where they were headed.

"Ah, Hagrid! The usual I presume" the bartender smiled but Hagrid shook his head.

"No thanks Tom, I'm on official Hogwarts business" he smiled.

"Just helping young Harry and Amel with their school supplies" he grinned as he patted their shoulders.

"Bless my soul. It's Harry and Amel Potter" the man now known as Tom said in awe.

Witches and wizards looked towards the two while Amel clenched her jaw and fiddled with her fingers making Harry look at her sympathetically.

"Welcome back mr and ms Potter, welcome back" a man exclaimed as she shook their hands.

"Doris Crockford mr and ms Potter. I cant believe I'm meeting you two at last" she smiled as she shook their hands.

"H-Harry and Am-Amel P-P-Potter. Can't tell you both how pleased I am to m-meet you two." A man with a stutter said as Amel grabbed Harry's hand.

"Hello professor, I didn't see you there." Hagrid smiled.

"Harry this is professor Quirrell will be your defense against the dark arts teacher at Hogwarts" Hagrid explained which caused Harry to nod.

"Oh. Nice to meet you" Harry said and he pushed his other hand out for a hand shake and Amel did the same, hesitating obviously.

"Fearfully fascinating subject. Not that you need it eh P-Potters" Quirrell didn't shake their hands which made Amel bite her tongue. Ungrateful prat, I bothered to lift my hand for him.