5

Doing something a little different this chapter. And it's been a long time since I last updated. I'm sorry. I let you guys down too much.

Songs for this chapter:

•Distance - Jack and Jack

•Not A Bad Thing - Justin Timberlake

Listen to Distance during Ashton's POV; Not A Bad Thing during Michael's.

--------

Ashton's POV

--

I didn't know how to tell Calum and Luke about us moving out. I mean, yeah it's kinda mean and we've shared this home for years. It's just, me and Mikey can't deal with them as much anymore. And you're probably asking me is this breaking up the band? Sort of, but not completely. More like taking a break from each other and figuring out what the hell to do with our lives besides being in the band. Hard decision, yeah, but it needs to be done. I just wonder how it'll turn out.

Michael already knows about all of this, but I'm still worried he'll change his mind. I could hear Luke coming down the stairs into the kitchen where I was cooking basically a "goodbye" meal. One filled with regret, and the very one that we all loved.

I had a feeling Luke already knew something was wrong because I heard a huge sigh come from him. Next to come down the stairs was Michael, and finally, Calum. Now was the moment to let it all out.

"Guys... Michael and I have slightly bad news..." I sighed quietly, doing my best to hide the tears that were still threatening to fall.

"What is it Ashton? You can't keep this from us. Not when it's bad news..." Luke immediately said.

"We're moving out, and... we know this might even break up the band, but it's the best thing to do right now. I am so sorry..." I sniffle a bit, feeling the tears I've held back for at least an hour now spill over.

"Ash..." Luke frowns more than he had been already.

"Here's to our last meal together yeah?" I interrupt quickly, before sitting down once again.

"Is it because of us? Are you moving for that reason? Calum finally speaks, slightly stuttering over his words.

"N-No, of course not," I reply quietly.

--

Michael's POV

--

I feel slightly guilty about having to move away from two of our best mates. But I guess it was a good idea as well. We all needed a break, do more couple-y things with the ones we love. But I still felt guilty. I didn't want to leave but we had to. So at that moment, I spoke up.

"We won't be too far. It will be how we were in school. Not far from each other. I know we've been in this very house the past four and a half years, but this will definitely be making more memories than it already has. We can always come back here, especially when we are on tour, making new songs, all that stuff. It's where we all became best friends, where we fell in love... All I'm saying is that this will always be our home. I love you guys so much. And honestly, thank you for everything. I couldn't have done it alone."

The others raise their eyebrows at my long speech then smile.

"That was beautiful. It really was," Calum speaks once again, lifting a finger to wipe away a tear.

I smile at him and then look around the table. I was really going to miss this. But it was truly for the best. I stood up, going to grab some other things from the kitchen and bringing it to the table.

"Now let's have some cake," I giggle slightly, setting down the rainbow colored baked treat.

"Rainbow colored? Really Michael?!" Luke laughs, taking a piece from it, his face red already.

"Just for you my friend," I smirk, taking my own piece after Ash and Cal do. "Actually, for everybody, seems how we're all gay as fuck."

"True story," Ash agrees, with a smile on his face.

'CaKe' even agreed on that 'confession'. But all that mattered was that we were all leaving each other on a good note, which was definitely better than expected.

--------

This chapter probably really sucks. So sorry. But will be updating even more. Much love,

E.