EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE

The next day, i woke up and quickly freshened up. I was so excited to be a part of Dr Hudson's research. I went downstairs and saw bhaiyaan had already left for work. So i had a light breakfast all alone, and then i took a cab straight to work.
When i reached there i first went to my cabin at the third floor to start my duty.
As soon as i entered it, "well! Well! Well! Isn't it the famous shahista Ahmed!", said a voice. I turned and saw it was the irritating girl from next cabin and this time she there was there with a bunch of people whom i thought were my batchmates.
"You leave your duties midway and skip classes, which is so wrong. I have reported this to the seniors!
"Excuse me !", said I in a huffy voice. I usually didn't care about these people, but this time i was really irritated .
"What i do is none of your concern! I have never skipped a single class and about my duties , i have already spoken to my seniors regarding it. But if you so persist me , then let me tell you the truth. I was selected by Dr Hudson to be a part of his research team. Since the timings may clash, i was given a momentarily ease on my number of patients . I am not causal about my work!", said I.
She looked at me and then huffed, "I don't believe you!"
"Then don't! I have much better things in life to do, then to make you believe!", said I and went and sat on my chair.
She opened her mouth to taunt me again, when a voice said from behind, "Ah! Shahista , there you are. Dr Hudson wants to see you!", i looked and saw it was Dr Aleena. I have met her before. She was a renowned researcher & was working with Dr Hudson for quiet some time..
"Maam! But i have ward duty now. I cannot skip that. I was told to come after my shift is over!", said I.
"I have spoken with your teachers . You are given relief from your duties for sometime. Come now, you will be allowed to leave when its time for your class.?", said she.
I was a bit unsure, "will it be okay?",said I
"Ofcourse Shahista , its just for a few days. Then you will not be disturb during your duty hours. Also your batchmates can fairly do your share of work!", she said pointing at others, "can't you manage her cases for a few days?!"
"U.. uh..!", the girl next cabin stammered, probably lost for words. I understood her, since i did more work than anybody else, me going away for a few days meant a lot of extra work for them.
"No need maam, i will manage!", said I.
"Well if you can ten its good, but pleas be fast!", she said and left.
After she left, the little crowd that has assembled also started to disperse.
I sighed a relief, and went back to my work.
I had a lot of patients waiting so i started right away. While i was writing a prescription, i saw a women approach my desk. I have never met her before,
"Hey Shahista!, "I am Zeenat , i just wanna congratulate you for getting a chance to work with DrHudson!", said she.
I smiled at her and said, "thank you!"
We chatted for a while & I got to know she was also a PG student but from a different course.
She wasn't the only one who came. In nearly an hour , almost ten to fifteen people came up and congratulated me. They were all so nice and polite. Some of the faces were such that i had never even seen before.
"Wow!", said I to myself , "doesn't look like they are the same people who pointed fingers at me when i had first arrived."
After about an hour, when the patient load reduced. I headed towards the research lab on the topmost floor. So i packed my stuff up and just when i was about to leave i was confronted by the person whom i least wanted to see.
"Osama!"
He walked towards me and said in his irritating voice, "can i come with you to the research ? You can introduce me to Dr Hudson! You see i have been always interested in his research ..."
I sighed to myself. Months! Months i have managed to keep my distance from this creep and he then turns up again. .
"I err.. actually!", i started thinking of a quick excuse to make, when we head a voice.
"Dr Osama! Your patients have all lined up, you better hurry and come!".
He huffed and said, "fine i am coming!". Then he turned towards me and said, "until next time!", and left.
As soon as he left i saw Katrina winking at me. I smiled back knowing fully well it was her voice. That girl was a life saviour, i don't know what i would have done without her.