EMBARRASSMENT

"Shahista!, up! Up!", said a voice shaking me up from my sleep.
"Let me sleep!", i groaned.
"Shahista! Its 9 o'clock! up!"
"9 O CLOCK!", i jerked up from sleep, my eyes wide awake.
"What? 9 clock, why did my alarm didn't ring!", said i frantically reaching for my mobile.
"It did!, but you snoozed it off!", said bhaiyaan.
I looked at my mobile to see my alarm snoozed, i must have done it in my sleep.
"Ugh!", i sighed, " my team has a meeting today with Zaroon enterprises from 9o'clock! Its already 9! I haven't even got ready! What will i do??? I am late!"
"Calm down! Quick dress yourself, i will drop you to work!", said bhaiyaan.
I nodded and quickly threw away the blanket scrambling out of my bed, during which i nearly tripped on my slippers.
I somehow tumbled in the bathroom and started brushing my teeth quickly.
"Damn! Damn! Damn! I have this stupid meeting with Zaroon enterprises today! Dr Hudson handed me just one work, to record our progress, and present in front of the business associates. He said that i was great at explanations , and i would handle this job best. And i am late."
I quickly rinsed my mouth and proceeded towards the bath.
I stripped myself and took a quick shower. Then i came out and pulled io a few clothes in a hurry. It was already 9:30 by then.
"Shit! I will not be reaching there before 10:15!" "And the meeting was suppose to start by 9:00!"
I almost ran down the stairs and saw bhaiyaan sitting on the sofa, scrolling his phone.
"Come bhaiyaan!", said I to him.
He looked at me and said, "don't you wanna eat something?"
I shook my head frantically, "there is not time please! Hurry!", said I
"No at-least grab something to eat in car!", said he.
"Bhaiyaan but..", i started.
"Shahista!", said he giving me a pointed look.
I sighed in-defeat. I knew their was no point arguing. I went to the kitchen to grab a sandwich.
"Done bhaiyaan, please come!", said i moving outside.
Bhaiyaan sighed, "coming!", he said and then followed me outside.
He then turned to lock the door.
"Bhaiyaan fast!", said I impatiently.
"Uff! Wait! First you get up late, and then you rush through everything. If you had this meeting today, why didn't you wake up early?", he said irritated.
I sighed, i knew he was right. It was all my fault, i had spend so much time with Faruk yesterday roaming the city, that i came home late. Also i was dead tired so i slept like a log.
"Come! I will drop you!", said bhaiyaan moving towards his car after locking the door.
I followed him and climbed inside.
He started the engine and we drove away.
The whole ride i was panicking, rubbing my hands together. Bhaiyaan looked at me once and rolled his eyes upwards in irritation. I knew he had no sympathy for my antics!
Finally after what seems like hours , we pulled up infront of the hospital.
I quickly grabbed my bag and headed out, "Allah hafiz bhaiyaan!", i said a quick goodbye and made my way towards the entrance.
I reached it and saw the hospital was as usual very busy.
I decided to go to bhabhi's cabin first so i made my way towards the second floor.

The lift doors opened and i walked in the second floor. Bhabhi's cabin was at the end and i started going towards it when i heard a voce, "Maam! Shahista maam!"
I turned and saw Katrina rushing towards me, "Maam! Ayehsa maam was looking for you. They are now in the auditorium."? Said she.
"Damn!"? Said i to myself., "Thanks Katrina! I will be going!",.
She nodded and smiled at me.
I rushed towards the auditorium which was on the fifth floor. In the lift , i closed my eyes and silently prayed that i wasn't missed and i could just slip in. .
As soon as the lift doors opened, i walked out of it gulping in fear.
I walked towards the auditorium where i could hear voices coming from. My first instinct was to turn around and leave, but i knew i couldn't do that , so i continued walking towards the hall.

As soon as i reached it, i pushed the handle to open the door. The door creaked opened and i walked in the room. Immediately all pairs of eyes turned towards me. The first thing i saw was bhabhi sitting there infront looking really pissed off and angry.
Then there was Dr Hudson sitting next to her who also had a disappointing look in his face so was Dr Aleena. She too shook her head in disagreement. I hate to let down these people, i frankly didn't care much about bhabhi. .
But the worst gaze was the pair of brown eyes who just sat there silently looking at me with his scrutinised look.
"Is this interruption in the meeting necessary?. If we can come at our arranged time, sure your youngest member can be punctual Dr Hudson!", said a Businessmen sitting next to Sarfaraz.
"Please Mr brown let me explain..", started bhabhi.
"I think it very clear!", said a voice i knew just too well, "its a joke for Ms Shahista, to work with us. She thinks the research team doesn't need our help & would be able to carry the research on their own. I don't think she understands the meaning of investments.", said Mr Zaroon.
"If you think you are professionals and you don't need our help with the research. Then so be it, we are not fools to spend money on something that doesn't show any result. I come here every week just to see that whether you have enough provisions to make advancement in medical fields and not to wait for hours for you, so that meeting can start!. You may be expert doctors but i am sorry business doesn't happen like this.", said Mr Zaroon.
He then turned towards Dr Hudson and said, "i am happy to help you financially sir but at least you need to brief me about your work and the fact that you are punctual with it. Otherwise you can look for other sponsors!", said he and started getting up.