Kurapika x reader

Yo, readers! So before we start, I want to apologize for updating late and this is what I only have now. I also want to thank you all since this book gained 50k views and a thousand votes! Shall I do a special chapter after this?

Anyways, continue reading♡

F/N (Friend's name)

[Angst💦]

Your POV
Three years have passed yet the pain is still here.. stucked in my heart.

I stood up from the bed, stretching out my arms and legs. I proceeded to the bathroom next to my room and stared at my reflection at the mirror in front of me. My lips curve up into a forced smile, this became as a daily habit to hide my pain.

Twisting the water tap open, the transparent liquid flows down allowing me to started washing my face making it refreshed.

I continued my morning routine and while I was wearing my outside clothes, I received a message from someone. I quickly checked to see from whom is it.

My eyes widened as I remembered what day today is. I removed my clothes to change again.

Slowly, I opened the door of my closet. There lies the gorgeous long dress I've been wanting to wear. A genuine smile formed in my lips.

[Flashback]

You've been friends since childhood. You enjoyed each other's companies but one of you don't know one thing for sure. Your bestfriend's real behavior that seemed to be noticed as times flies.

When she always has something she wants, it needs to be instantly given. Never did she let even a little thing slide. You started to notice all this bit by bit, and you can't help not to like it.

You were studying in the same middle school as her, everything turned so difficult as your spoiled bestfriend picked fights and you always have to come save her.

But that didn't stop, her behavior started to worsen even more. Every thing you have was always taken by her. You can't take it back, ever.

You hate to admit the fact that you are starting to hate her. After enduring all the things she had done. All you've prayed was to only have her change.

Time flies as you met someone, someone you didn't know who'll change your life, and replace all the things your bestfriend took from you.

But sadly, that happiness wasn't there forever. Because you always have her taking it. That was the most horrible nightmare you would ever have all this years. You knew, after being in a relationship with him would make everything worst.

Running, running, running. The school hallways was filled with your fast footsteps and heavy breathing.

You clicked the door open where no one was there. Hiding your small figure under the teacher's table as you buried your face on your knees, weeping.

Fear surrounded you when another footsteps were heard. You held your chest, the feeling of its heaviness gives you a hard time to breath. The footsteps can still be heard, it seemed to be going to another way that made you relieved.

You started to crawl off the table, standing up as you dusted off the skirt your wearing. Nervously, you headed to the door, your hands trembling as sweat begun trickling down your temple.

Your hand was almost stiffed, the door suddenly open widely. Your body reacted in advance as you see the girl you've been trying to run from. She has her fake tears on her face, pleadingly stares at you with all her might.

You step your foot backwards, your tears started to flow down your cheeks as you shook your head. You already know what she would put in words.

She steps forward, her face shows how mad she was at you. When you were now a meter apart, her lips parted to say the words you've been scared to hear.

"Give him.. to me," she started with a low voice. You gave her no response that seemed to annoy her, "I said give him to me! You don't deserve him! I love him so you should give him to me!" your world shattered once again as you could literally hear your heart breaks. Everything that you have should always be given to her.

"Why.. Him? Why not someone else? There's a lot of guys there! Why do you have to take the last single thing I have?!" you shouted back as now the room filled with your cries along with the other girl.

"He's the last one I only have. You took everything I have, F/n! Why can't you just let me be happy?! Even for once, I'm begging you!" all these years, all you did was to give up all the happiness you have.

You regretted having someone like her. Because she always wins, everything has to be hers.

Another day has come, you made your way to the place where you're meeting him. You have no other choice. You wouldn't even able to live if you didn't do this. All you have to do is to move forward for the last time.

A tall figure then stops in front of you. Your eyes carefully observe his face. His heartwarming smile that you've always wanted to see. And those beautiful orbs that make you see your future with him. You want to be with him for the rest of your life. But.. no, you can't.

Things won't end just the way you wanted them to be. And now you're letting him go, just so your bestfriend can have him, and take him forever.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" he held both your hands as the two of you sat down the nearest bench.

You nervously gulped, your tears threatening to fall down as you try to hide it by smiling it off. It's even harder when you look to his eyes. He stayed there, patiently waits for your statement.

Your lips trembled as it parted to speak, "Kurapika," you called him. He hummed as response. You closed your eyes and utter the words, "...L-lets break up.." you finally said. Your voice cracked as the tears you've been holding in fell down your cheeks, continuously.

His smile fell, hearing this from the girl he had always dreamed makes his heart shatter. "What are you saying now, y/n? Did I do something wrong?" he sounded already broken.

All he got was you shaking your head as 'no.' He can't help but cry as well. He slowly took you in his arms, hugging you tightly.

You told him it was for your bestfriend. Your heart breaks as you decided to say, "If you really love me, stay with her for the rest of your life. For me."

He's always been nice and loving. But you have to let him go. You'll do it for the last time. So things won't get complicated anymore. You just have to hardly move forward. That's it.

You stared carefully at the mirror with the beautiful gown you're wearing. You let out a heavy sigh but smile after while picking up the card in the table and held it in your hands as it reads,

"F/N and Kurapika's Wedding"