1

Pray for peace to the doves so the crows won't come.

***

The beeping of my alarm slowly brought me out of my sleep. I rose and stretched out my arms, dropping them with a loud sigh. I felt movement beside me and two arms wrapping themselves around me, bringing me closer to them. I turned around, climbing onto my now-awake boyfriend.

"Mm babe, if you want to have sex, you should have just told me," he said as he grabbed my neck and pulled me in for a kiss. I kissed him back. He was filling the gap between us. I started to leave a trail of kisses down his neck and chest until I got to the rim of his boxers. He put his arms behind his head, getting ready. I smiled, hopped off the bed, and walked to the bathroom.

Charles got up and ran after me. He grabbed me from behind, and I started to laugh.

"You are such a tease," he whispered in my ears. His voice was seductive. Making my body shiver. I turned around, and he kissed me. He grabbed my legs, pulled me up, and set me on the counter. I wrapped my legs around his waist. His hands ran down my back to my butt. His hands slid inside my boxers, grabbing my but roughly.

Out of nowhere, Charles's phone began to ring, and he groaned. He walked out of the bathroom to grab his phone and picked it up just like clockwork. He puts his clothes on, kisses me, and leaves.

He does this all the time. I don't have the heart to ask him about it. In fear, he might tell me that he's cheating. I took my boxers off and hopped in the shower.

I cleaned myself and washed my hair. I turned the water off, pushed the water that trickled down my face away, and then grabbed my towel. I walked into the bedroom with my towel wrapped around my waist. I stood in front of the mirror, gazing at myself. Admiring my features, I soon got a message. I looked at my phone to see a half-ass apology from Charles. I turned my phone off.

I sighed. I walked towards the kitchen and grabbed something to eat. I grabbed a few clothing items and got ready for the day.

I then heard a knock on my door. I walk towards it. I looked through the peephole, and there was no one. I opened the door to see an envelope on my porch. I picked up the envelope and opened it when i walked inside.

I am confused.

I am speechless.

These were pictures of me with Charles, but I don't remember any of these places. Each photo was me, but I wore different clothes. Clothes I don't even have or would even wear. I walked into my house, closing my door. I called my best friend and told him to come over now.

Time flew by, and Dean showed up. He had a key to my house and came in. He walked into my room, where I sat looking over each photo, again and again, hoping I was dreaming.

"What the hell are these," he asked, and I looked at him with a concerned face.

"I don't know, the envelope was left on my front porch, and I don't remember even being with him at these places-" I answered. "Look at what I'm wearing, and I don't have these clothes."

My mind felt like it was tearing its self apart trying to find an explanation for this. I feel crazy.

"Did you call Charles and ask him"

"No, how do I even ask him about this," I asked. "Hey Charles, someone left pictures of me and you on my porch, and I don't remember me being with you in these photos."

"Yeah, you're right. I would feel some way."

"Am I being stalked?" I asked myself.

"Is this even you?" he asked.

"I don't know," i semi-screamed. I can't handle this right now. I got up and headed to my kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of Merlot wine and drank from the bottle.

Dean watched me in concern. He grabbed the bottle from me, and I wiped the excess whine off my face.

"Who goes through shit like this," I asked, and Dean hugged me. I began to cry. All my feelings came pouring out, and Dean held me. "What am I supposed to do," I asked mid-sob.

My phone started to ring.

Charles

The name covered my phone screen. I am causing my anxiety to stir with a bit of rage building up in pure silence. I have yet to ask myself one important question.

Is this the reason he kept leaving so soon?

I picked up the call, and I heard his voice. He sounded calm, but there was something he wanted to tell me.

"Baby, are you cheating on me," I asked. The line went silent. Then, out of the blue, I heard my voice, but I had yet to say a word. My brain couldn't comprehend what was going on, so the next best thing was for me to pass out.

My friend grabbed it but then told me what was going on. He was shocked as well. No amount of explanation or excuses could help me wrap my head around it.