(Y/n) Baby.

Song: Helen Reddy - Angie Baby.

‘You live your life in the songs you hear
On the rock and roll radio’

There was young (Y/n) with her headphones on, sitting next to the director’s door as she watched the  lockers in front of her. The smile in her face didn’t flatter as she heard the voice in the radio that was playing in her headphones.

‘And when a young girl doesn't have any friends
That's a really nice place to go’

Cries of her bullies were heard inside the office since young (Y/n) has proven that she wasn’t a person to mess with. Weeks ago, she wouldn’t dare to do such a thing but now, she knew she wasn’t alone.

“Miss (L/n)” said the director letting the girl in while three others girls and one boy leave the office.

‘Folks hoping you'd turn out cool
But they had to take you out of school’

“So… (Y/n)” the director sighed “I never thought that I would do this” he said while going through her files “You are a top-student, you have won many competitions, your grades are flawless”

The girl just looked at the window without taking her headphones off.

“Are you listening?” the director said a little annoyed.

She nodded without taking her eyes off the window.

The director looked at the window and then to the girl.

“Why did you do this?” he asked hoping to have an answer.

(Y/n) just shrugged.

The director sighed and rubbed his face “I’m afraid that I have to suspend you for a week, now if—”

Before the man finished talking, the girl got up from her seat.

“Until next week, then” she said and then left the office.

'You're a little touched you know, Angie baby'

~ 📻 ~

‘Lovers appear in your room each night
And they whirl you across the floor’

The girl lays her head in the chest of the taller m̸̛͕͙̋͂̄̀ả̵̻́̓n̷̡̧͕̟̾͝ while they dance around the dark bedroom to the sound of the music from the old radio that she had next to the bed.

‘But they always seem to fade away
When your daddy taps on your door’

Suddenly her father opens the door of her room expecting to see someone else in his daughter's room, as he turns on the light he sees (Y/n) in her desk reading a book with the little lamp on while listening to the radio.

‘Angie girl, are you all right?’

“I-I’m sorry pumpkin, I thought that I heard someone else in here and I couldn't help to think that you may be in danger” he said with his raspy voice.

“It’s okay, just knock the next time, I’m not a little girl anymore” she said with a pout.

‘Tell the radio good-night’

“Yeah, again, I’m sorry” he sighed “It’s late, you should get some sleep”

“Sure… Please turn off the light and close the door”

“Alright, I’m going to work, if you need anything just call the police station and I’ll be here in no time”

She smiled at her father “Okay, take care, dad”