CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17

LYDIA'S POV

I sit pouting in the chair at SHIELD Headquarters, Fury sitting across from North and me with his normal emotionless mask on, his arms crossed as he raises an eyebrow. 

"So you want me to lend you government property for an unsolicited mission that involves the Avengers," He pauses for dramatics, "And you think that you don't have to inform me what the mission is and who this.... brute is?" 

Groaning I stomp my foot, "Yes! I donate millions to your foundation."

"Which is a government foundation," He interrupts. 

"Okay, its also a government foundation, anyways, I donate millions annually and I think that my millions have granted me the ability to be able and use one of the jets that it's surely bought." 

"Why can't you use your own jet, your father had fifteen." 

"I've crashed seven and Captain has grounded me from the rest. And when I go to ask for one he isn't going to let me take it without explaining why I need it. Which means I'm going to have to use one of my gifts to get it, and I don't want to do it. It's way to much work." 

"Weren't you shot the other day, shouldn't you be on medical leave?" 

"Are you trying to get me fucking grounded or something?" I cut my eyes to North, who raises an eyebrow that definitely suggested we would be talking later, "Yes, I was shot, it's not the first time or the last time, Mr. Eyepatch." 

"Miss Stark, surely you understand how against policy this is." 

"Mr. Fury, surely you understand how much you love me and how much this would mean to your favorite God-daughter!" 

"You're not my god-daughter." 

"But you want me to be." 

Fury glares, a sigh so similar to Owen's tumbling out of his mouth, and I push back the ache in my chest at the slight reminder of one of my men. We were in Quantico Virginia, they were in Charleston still. I didn't think that being away from them would hurt as bad as it did. I mean, I hadn't known them that long at all, and Raven and Gabriel were by far the two I was closest to, but Owen, Axel, and Nathan were so amazing and they had managed to wiggle their way into my heart, which was insane because I had just met them. Kinda. 

"Damnit, I can never win with you," Fury rubs his hand down his face, "Why do you have to be like your father? Every time I see you it's because you've exploded something, you need me to dispose of some bodies, like the other day when you killed someone at the very house I picked you up at, or ask me to do some kind of shady non-authorized activity." 

North shoots a look of minor anger and inquisition my way, apparently he hadn't been informed on my extremely entertaining choice of activities. Which sucks, because that means that I'm going to have to explain exactly why I killed that dick of a delivery man, crashed a jet into the neighbors' house, blew up a car that Owen and Gabriel were driving, and then somehow knocked out Axel, even though it wasn't my fault that dipshit passed out...

"I would apologize but I'm not actually sorry," Setting my head on my hand I lean towards Fury, "And this is North, he is one of my mates!" 

Fury turns all of attention to the dark-haired glowering man, who didn't even attempt to smile at the one eyes leader of Shield. They were totally going to be best friends. I'm just saying. And worse comes to worst, I can get everything back on schedule and shit for all six of the guys I've met while saving the world. That would go over better if Northy and Fury were best buds. 

"I wasn't aware you had met more than the one Happy hates, the one Captain dislikes, the vulgar one, and the redhead that aided in the murder you committed," It obviously wasn't a question, he was just making an observation while looking North up and down, "Now you add in a brute of muscles and obsession with black." 

"You have an obsession with black too," I mumble picking at my nails lightly while rolling my eyes. Sue me for trying to make someone get along with someone else, "So about that jet." 

"You can have the jet, though I know that is not everything that you initially wanted me to do. Had you actually only wanted the jet you would have taken it, I know you. So what else are you wanting." 

Swallowing I grab North's hand, who lightly squeezes mine. He obviously had no idea what the plan was, still, but he was supporting me. Which meant a lot more than I think he knew. The other six where supportive, but each one handled situations of the unknown differently. Obviously. 

"I would like you to collect my other mates, I've got a plan that could pretty much send the entire group into shock. And the rest of the crew into shock. I would like it if you could gather the remaining avengers, excluding Thor, and take them to the tower to initiate training once again, along with my mates." 

Fury watches me with slanted eyes, his head turned to the side as if contemplating something, before he gives a barely noticeable nod, turning his attention from me to North. It was silent for a few minutes. No one saying something as we all just sit there staring at one another. #awks

"You're going to do the suggestion you had a few years ago, aren't you." Again, it wasn't a question. Fury knew exactly what I was going to do. I had sat in this room a hundred times with this man, trying over and over to convince him to allow me to go through with it. 

"I know what you gonna say, but fourteen lives tied to mine, keeping it grounded, it tips the scale in my favor a little more," Sure my voice might have been pleading, but it was the truth. I was the only one that could do this. No one else had come up with a solution yet. And I wanted my Dad back. Everyone deserved to have their missing parts back. 

"You'll need to bring the other ones back, you know this right?" Fury pulls up a file, from where I have no idea, and flips open pictures and information on all fourteen of my mates, "The seven you're going after are the nerds of the bunch, right?" 

"That's kinda mean," I grumble, letting go of North's hand and moving to Fury's side of the table, "I don't think that I would consider them the nerds of the group, I mean, from what I've been told they were more or less the heart of the group. Or the soul of the group. Or something. That's not the point though. Yes, I know I'm going to have to bring the others one back." 

"You don't think they were blipped, do you?" He asks, crossing his foot over his knee and keeping eye contact, "I need your plan if you want me to initiate the Avengers initiative again, I do have bosses to answer to." 

Looking over towards North I bite my lip. This was four years in the making, four years of scheming and trying to bring my dad back. But would going through with the plan mean that I loose all fourteen? Or that I loose the first six, seeing as I still haven't been able to find Brandon. 

"First things first I'm going to need to practice my time traveling, and then, I'm going to need to kidnap Thor and torture him so he gives me the answers I need about the infinity stones." 

"Perhaps we should start with you telling these mates of your plan, and then we start all of you with your training," Fury pauses, smirking slightly, "But I would love to help you torture Thor a bit. We'll just have to keep it off the official documents."