Part 4

Jake POV:

J-"Rosa are you sure you don't mind watching them for like 5 tiny hours? "

R-"Wasn't it 30 minutes? But yeah I love your kids man, I'll watch them anytime. "

C-" hi ro-ro!"

She ran to rosa who picked her up.

J-"What just happened 'ro-ro'?"

R-"If you call me that again I will break your neck. There are only two people in this world with the 'ro-ro' privilege."

J-"Let me guess... your girlfriend and... your dog?"

R-"No dude it's obviously your kids. And terry told me Amy is pregnant so congratulations."

J-"Don't tell anyone else, I still don't know what's going to happen, we might do an abortion."

R-"You should keep the baby, your kids are adorable."

J-"See you later"

I drove there, blasting the radio. It was in an abandoned apartment block which looked really creepy. I saw her at the end of the corridor and a smile grew on my face.

J-"Ams"

A-"Jake?! I missed you."

J-"I was only gone for two days, but I missed you too. We don't have much time and we have to talk about the... baby. "

A-"Jake I thought about this a lot in the last week. We aren't ready to have another kid. Our apartment is a two-bedroom so we would have to get a whole new house and then we would need a new car cause there is no way three car seats would fit in that tiny backseat and with work and-"

J-"Ams relax. If you choose to keep the baby then I promise that in the next months I will work overtime so we can get some extra cash. But it's your body so you are the one that has to decide this. I will be here either way."

A-"Jake I need your help making this decision, I was so shocked when I found out and I usually have a binder for everything but this was the one topic I never thought about. I think we should just do an abortion."

J-"Amy six years ago, when we decided we wanted a baby we took six months to be able to have that one positive test. And then three years ago we started trying again, to give little Mac a sister. Mac had to go live with Charles for three months, no one could handle you when you were on those fertility drugs. Then I almost had a heart attack because the doctor said there was a high chance of it being twins. What I want to say with this is that we had a rough time getting pregnant and now we just had it given to us, we got pregnant without even trying, and to be honest I think its a sign."

A-"A sign, meaning what?"

J-"I don't know, maybe it was a reward, maybe it's just meant to be. On the life plan, you wrote when you were 10 years old it said you would have three kids, two girls, and one boy."

A-"You read that?"

J-"Yeah, I could come up with a cheesy thing like 'I was missing you and went trough your things' but truly it was by accident. I was looking for my new Nintendo switch game and then I saw that and just read it. You had some amazing vocabulary when you were a child, I had to search up half the words and I'm a grown adult. I just have to say that 'a little house in Florida' sounds like all my worst nightmares I have no idea why at 10 years old you considered living in Florida."

A-"We should do it."

J-"Live in Florida!? NO WAY! that place is America's stinky butt."

A-"No, I meant, have three kids. It's going to be a lot of work but I love all kinds of work. It would also mean I get to plan more birthday parties and that I get to have more binders which is always good."

J-"You really should see a therapist. Oh and by the way the binder you left for me is amazing. Like I found out where you store the vacuum yesterday."

A-"Did you vacuum the house?"

J-"No eww. I was looking for my Nintendo switch game. It took me like 5 hours and then I just gave up."

A-"It's in your nightstand drawer, with all of your other videogames."

J-"Why don't you have like a section on your binder on just where to find things."

A-"it's a 2 bedroom apartment, it's not like you have that many places to store things."

J-"Yeah but you have a close just filled with your binders and nerd stuff."

A-"Which I locked and hid the key so that there is no way you can ruin my babies."

J-"You seriously have a problem. Anyway, I did probably the best achievement of all time. I got holt to give up his office and basically just turn it into a daycare."

A-"What happened? Are the kids missing school! You know that these initial years are the most important in the-"

J-"Relax Ams, there was something about the flu and a lot of kids having it so they just closed school. It's just the small kids, and they have a whole exercise book they have to do."

A-"okay, but make sure they are safe. They are not vaccinated against the flu, they were supposed to get the shot on two weeks, just before Charlie's birthday so please make sure they don't get sick."

J-"Yeah they are totally safe. Its only Mac, Charlie, Ava, and Leah. Oh! of course, Cagney and Lacey after school, as well as Nikolaj sometimes."

A-"Jake you have to find a solution, they can't stay with other kids that can be infected. You have to hire a babysitter."

J-"Amy trust me. It's safe. And a babysitter is so expensive, we are supposed to be saving up for the new baby. You have yo focus on your mission, which is like your dream job right? sorting through books and putting them in order."

A-"Yeah it has been pretty fun. I get to talk to Charles, organize books, tell teenagers to keep it quiet, pretty much my childhood dream."

MD-"Amy Santigo your time is up, we need to take you back to your location."

J-"I love you Ams"

A-"I love you too. Tell the kids I love them and I miss them. And don't forget to feed the fish."

And with that, she left. I went out for lunch then back to work and was investigating a robbery which seemed impossible. I was at the crime scene for hours but the only thing I found was a footprint, which belonged to the most common Adidas shoes ever. I went back to the precinct with no suspects and no leads.

R-"Thank god you are here jake, my shift ended thirty minutes ago and I had to stay here because you decided to take way too long."

J-"Sorry I got so busy with this new robbery that I lost track of time."

R-"If Charlie wasn't may god-daughter then I would probably smash your skull in half. Also, you and Amy are going through a lot and I get it. Just don't arrive late when I have plans."

J-"With your girlfriend?"

R-"Nope."

H-"Peralta. I was able to get all of the paperwork you requested to complete. I have to admit I was shocked to hear that you wanted to do everyone's paperwork but I guess you finally learned that paperwork is not that bad."

J-"It still is the worst part of the job but I have to do overtime and maybe pick up some extra shifts and I have two kids to look after while working so the only thing I can do is paperwork at my desk. "

H-"That is very mature of you. But if you want, I will watch your kids during the night so you can continue on your open cases."

J-"With all due respect sir... you... babysitting? it just sounds like you are being sarcastic."

H-"I found a website that shows how to control children it is very accurate and helpful. My sister is also in town so she will help me with anything I might need."

J-"Okay sir. I just have to take them home for maybe an hour but I will be at your apartment as soon as I can."

I dropped them out and spent the whole night thinking about holt babysitting while finishing up some paperwork.