20 - never done this

"What the fuck was all that?"

Mary was more than confused. She was more than bewildered even. She was borderline shocked by what she had witnessed back at the party, and she wasted no time before interrogating Valentine about it. Once they finally arrived back at the her house, the poor girl was bombarded with hard hitting questions that she didn't quite know how to answer.

"It's complicated..." the brunette mumbled, unsure how exactly she could dig herself out of this one. Had Mary known about the bucket list, it might have made more sense to her. But Valentine was very aware of the secret she had been keeping between herself and Luke, and she couldn't decide if she was ready to talk about it yet.

Not to mention the fact that Valentine's head was still spinning a little, and she wasn't quite sober enough to delve deep into the weird situation she managed to get herself into with Luke.

"No. Nope. Absolutely not. That's not gonna cut it this time, Val. I can tell there's something going on, please don't hide things from me."

Valentine felt the slightest pang of guilt course through her body as she retrieved her backpack from the corner of her bedroom and began packing a change of clothes inside it, as well as a few toiletries she deemed necessary.

"Why are you packing?" Mary asked, her curiosity overpowering her need to know what Valentine was hiding.

"If I know anything about him—which I think I do... he's gonna come here and try to talk to me. So we are going to your house."

As Valentine continued to shove necessities into her bag, she began to wonder if she could successfully avoid the subject Mary had previously been interrogating her about.

"So... are you gonna explain, then?" Never mind.

"Yeah, when we get to your place." She quickly—out of Mary's sights—grabbed Adeline's list from beneath her mattress, shoving it carefully into the small pocket of her backpack.

"Daddy?" She called out to Scout, who had been horribly curious in the living room about what the girls were up to. He was under the impression that she wouldn't be home until tomorrow morning, so he was slightly offset when they both stumbled in the front door without a fraction of an explanation.

"Yes?" He had shot up and was already waiting outside of her bedroom door.

"Can you drive us to Mary's?" She asked sweetly, putting her best sober face on as she opened the door to reveal her dad, looking worried as ever. "Yeah. Everything okay?" He asked, noting the frustrated expression on Mary's face.

"Yeah, we just wanna sleep over there tonight," Valentine shrugged, stepping over in front of Mary so that she wouldn't have a chance to shoot some panicked help me signals to the man.

"Alright, well come on. I don't want to be on the road too late."

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

"Dude, you can't drive right now!" Michael was growing so frustrated with the blonde boy who had been insisting on chasing Valentine out of the party. Luke knew it was true, he was much too intoxicated to drive. But he needed to talk to Valentine. His head was horribly clouded because of the things she had said to him, and he couldn't let the two ends things like that.

A part of him was also just as determined as her to finish the bucket list, and he knew he had to keep her around in order to do so.

"Then you drive me," he huffed in response to his obnoxiously morally (and lawfully) correct friend. As he crossed his arms against his chest to show that he wasn't budging on the topic, Michael huffed in frustration yet again and rolled his eyes at the blonde.