26 - get off of me

"Holy shit..." Michael cursed under his breath, but Ashton was thinking the exact same thing.

"Dude... I didn't know it was that serious," he giggled gently, keeping his volume down so not to alert Luke who should've been reappearing any moment.

"I told you!" Michael gushed, completely caught off guard by the blatant acts of care towards the girl. He expected Luke to tease her a little bit, and try to prove his worth to his friends or something. He certainly hadn't expected a fully confident boyfriend type Luke.

"That's like... not even a joke, dude. That man is whipped!" Ashton giggled again, pointing in the direction Luke had wandered off into.

"I know, right? It's like... Luke, but not Luke at all. He acts so different around her and when people bring her up!" Michael was just relieved that someone else saw the change in behavior that he'd been watching for the last month or so. He had been keeping all of these thoughts pent up because Luke would kill him if he released any of it, and it was nice for the boy to finally be able to talk to someone about it.

"You think they even went to the bathroom? You know... your bedroom is down that same hall," Ashton suggested, glancing back towards the hallway that seemed to be empty and void of noise.

"Oh my god, do you think he went with her?" Michael gasped.

Had he known how spot on he was, he might've bolted from his seat and down the hallway. Instead, he settled for being willingly ignorant as he shrunk back into the couch and continued on bantering back and fourth with the curly haired brunette.

When Valentine initially asked the question, Luke was nearly insulted by the suggestion that he'd ever take advantage of her state. When he remembered that it was Valentine he was talking to, he realized that she'd never wish to do such a thing in the bathroom of his best friends apartment. He was totally outlandish in assuming that was what she meant, because the little pout when he refused gave it away. She just wanted some company, she certainly didn't need to use the bathroom—else she wouldn't have invited him inside.

"Please," was the last thing Luke heard before pushing the door open and letting himself in so not to raise suspicion from the hallway. That, and he really couldn't resist her.

"Sorry... I just... back there, Michael was talking like this intergalactic robotic thing. I was getting confused, so I wanted to step out for a second. I couldn't think of another excuse, and I figured you'd walk me," she shrugged in explanation, giggling at how silly her own voice sounded as she spoke. It was an unfamiliar noise to her, and she began feeling morphed together with the air around her—as the sentences didn't feel like much of her own.

"I understand," the blonde chuckled, feeling at ease with the situation. He had a lot of tension built up, and the girl seemed to take it all away with the blink of an eye. He was almost in awe at how easily she improved his night by inviting him into the bathroom with her. Like... who does that?

"Are you feeling alright? I know Adeline used to smoke some shitty weed..." Luke didn't mean to insult the girls sister, and had Valentine not bursted out in a rush of laughter that Ashton and Michael were sure to overhear, he would've regretted saying such a careless thing.

"Did she? Is that why I feel like an alien?" The little girl gushed, leaning her weight on the counter behind her. Scout raised the girls to have marvelous manners, but the little brunette had a problem since day one. She could be as polite as possible, but when she sees a counter, she wants to get up on it. Maybe it's for the increase in height, or maybe it's something to do with the comfort of it. All the world really knew was that if there was the chance for Valentine to hoist herself up onto a counter, she would jump at it.