Chapter 7: Thoughts

Author P.O.V

"Hey Wind, wait for me!" Florest panted as she tries to catch up with Lule, her long dress was annoying her as she can't take big steps to catch up with Lule, and the said person was way in front of her.

"Call me Lule here, Ir-Florest," Lule said as he stood there waiting for Irene, he couldn't believe a goddess was failing to walk properly due to the length of her dress.

"We are already near Zenovalia, so hurry up." Lule clicked his tongue and started walking again.

"By the way, Florest, where is there demon horns on your head, part of your fashion?" Lule glanced at those white horns settling on the side of Florest.

"Are you dumb or dumb? We are going to a city infested with demons, the common trait between demons is that they all have horns." Irene huffed as she used her magic staff to straighten herself up.

"I mean we have this hood already, isn't it enough?" Lule sighed as Florest just crossed her arms at him.

"It's for precautions, in case our hood fell off." Lule nodded at that as he raised his hands, pulled his hood down and put it on his head.

Beautiful dark horns appeared as some jewellery settle itself around the horns."There, this should be good enough?" He looked at Florest for her judgement as Florest just gave him a thumbs up in a childish way.

"Come on, lets continue, it's near, we already went pass the forest, now we just need to go inside there and save Zanxus." Lule pointed at a structure as Florest nodded for the umpteenth time.

Lule finds himself in front of the gate of Zenovaila as two guards stood there with a spear and shield on each hand of theirs.

"We require your identity, sir." One of the guards said as Lule glared at them from under his hood.

Florest just took off her hood and Lule did the same. The guards inspected them and found nothing dangerous so they allowed them inside.

When they went in, everything was just like a normal human city, except the people have horns and are demons.

This makes Lule wonder, what is the difference between humans and demons?

"Zanxus is held in that castle right there which is his home, at night we will sneak in and rescue him. I already got the map of the castle, so let's find an inn to discuss first." Florest said as Lule sighed and looked at the castle sadly.

Why can't he save Zanxus now?

"We can't save him now, we should avoid destroying or creating any ruckus his own home country," Florest said as she pats Lule's head. She knew how desperate Lule is, she knows how Zanxus is suffering now, how he is being forced to do things he doesn't like with another person.

She knows how Zanxus's twin brother is being forced to defy his own brother and had no choice but to obey their parents, even though deep in his heart, all he wants is to help his beloved twin brother.

She knows everything that has happened, but yet, she can't do anything despite being the goddess of this world.

Florest felt that she was weak, for once.

"Come, Lule, I see an inn over there." She snapped out of her thoughts and drag Lule to the inn, settling there until the time starts to flow, and its time to save someone.

When they reached the inn, and they have been sent to their room, Lule looked at Florest and he sighed.

"Florest, has something been on your mind when we made this short journey to Zenovaila?" Lule asked as Florest stiffened.

It was just a short while, how did he notice so quickly? That was Florest's thoughts.

"I'm thinking about my own status as a goddess." Florest said simply as she shook her own head.

"Let it all out, I will listen to you." Lule said as he sat on the couch, waiting for Florest to start opening her mouth.

"Its not that I'm unhappy with being a goddess, I just can not believe that while I was up there, having my best moments, the world down here is suffering, I just feel like I am the failure as a goddess, its just dawned on me." Florest sigh as she sat down on the floor, as if she has no more energy.

"No one is perfect, you may be called a goddess but you aren't perfect also. Being a goddess brings a huge amount of responsibility, may it be protecting your world or your family or your friends, a goddess is just like a human, only with superpowers and authority." Lule didn't mince his words at all, he knows that it is a disgrace for a goddess to be called a human but in the end, that is the truth.

"Lule have I ever tell you that you are the best." Florest chuckled as Lule just smiled.

"Now then, sadness aside, tell me your plan now. Saving Zanxus is still my top priority." Lule smirked as Florest smiled, she pulled out the map from the inside of her hood and slammed it on the floor.

"Lets do this."

So, a late update chapter of Guardian of Juniper to serve up for my readers

-Rika