Chapter 7

I take off running as fast as I can. Molly's screams continue, and I run across the field. I see three silhouettes, but I don't stop. I keep running. My lungs scream for more air, but I don't stop. I can't stop.

I finally make it to the cabin. Molly is trapped under two dead walkers, three others piling on top. I run to her, killing the walkers on her without stopping. I pull her up. "You ok? They didn't get you?"

She shakes her head, and glances over my shoulder. Her eyes widen, and I turn around, ready to fight some more.

Rick, Carl and Michonnie stand, weapons ready.

Molly runs to Michonnie, hugging her tightly. I take two steps to Carl and stop. I'm afraid I'm dreaming.

He runs to me, hugging me tightly. I grasp him, afraid if I let go, he'll disappear. My breath hitches as I bury my face into his chest, soaking all of this in.

He pulls back, kissing me hard on the mouth. I hear someone clear their throat, but I don't care. We continue to kiss until we both have to come up for air. We reluctantly part when someone coughs, our fingers intertwined.

"Finally found y'all." Rick says. "Where you been?"

"Around. Going nowhere." Molly says.

"Well, we are headed to this so called 'Terminus'. We aren't staying. We're just checking it out." Rick replies.

We walk on a road until it's night. Then, we camp at a car. Carl sleeps in it while Rick, Michonnie, Molly and I keep watch.

Suddenly, a gun appears next to Rick's head. They also appear next to Michonnie's, mine and Molly's. I freeze. The hell?

"You screwed up, asshole. You hear me? You screwed up." The man at Rick's head says.

I see a fat man go up to Carl.

"Shit, and I was thinking about turning in for the night on New Year's Eve. Now who's gonna count down the ball dropper with me, huh? Ten Mississippi, nine Mississippi, eight Mississippi-"

"No!" Someone calls out. Footsteps echo into the forest, and a familiar face appears.

Daryl.

"Hold up," Daryl says. "You're stopping me on eight, Daryl." The man snaps. "Just hold up," Daryl says. "This is the guy that killed Luce, we got nothing to 'talk about'." Another man snaps. "The thing about nowadays is that we got nothing but time. Say your piece, Daryl." The man, that I assume is the leader, says.

"These people, you're gonna let them go." Daryl says. "These are good people." He glances over at us, and I see Rick throw him a glance that screams, distract him!

"I think Lu would disagree with ya on that. But, of course, I have to speak for him and all, because you friend here strangled him in a bathroom." Leader says.

"You want blood," Daryl begins, "I get it. Take it from me, man. C'mon."

"This man killed our friend. You say he's good people. See, now, that right there is a lie. It's a lie!" Leader shouts.

The me tackle him, pounding him. I flinch.

"Teach him, fellas. Teach him all the way." Leader laughs.

The fat man opens the car door, flinging Carl onto the ground.

Rick and I both leap up, only to be yanked back down. "Stay!" Leader commands us.

I reach into my jacket, yanking out a knife. Both me and Molly lunge at the same time.

Her knife hits his head, mine his chest. I run to Carl, stabbing the man in the back over and over again.

"Get.... Off.... Him!" I shriek with every stab that I make.

Rick bites Leader's neck. Then, Michonnie strikes next. The man on Carl backs up as Rick growls, "He's mine."

I look around for Daryl. He's laying against the car, one last man beating him. I pull out my knife and throw it, allowing it to sink into his neck. He falls down to the ground with a gurgle, tugging on the knife weakly.

As Rick begins to torture the man, Michonnie clutches Carl, and I clutch Molly. I press her face into my chest as I watch the man get killed.

-Dream-
A walker staggered out of in front of us. Then, we looked behind it. Hundreds of others were behind it. I gasped. "No!" Sage cried as the first one reached for me. He pushed me over, out of the way. And the zombie landed on him. It bit into his shoulder. "NO!" I screamed. The others tore into him. Blood ran toward me, the coppery smell of it in the air. "RUN!" he screamed. "RUN!" I turned, but turned back. The fear and pain on his face, his cries of pain, struck me. My best friend, whom I'd know for most of my life, just gave his life for me. I raised my gun, hand trembling. I line his head up in my sights, and pull the trigger.

I sit up, gasping for air. Carl, already awake, holds my shoulder to steady me. Sweat lines my forehead, and slowly, my breath comes back.

We walk along the road quietly. We find another Terminus sign. It's knocked over.

"Getting close. We'll be there before sundown, Daryl comments.

"No, we head through the woods. We don't know who they are." Rick says.

We creep up to a chain length fence. It's overgrown with dead branches. We peer through.

"Spread out. Watch for a wall. See what we see." Rick says. "Get ready. We all stay close."

Daryl and Rick go together, Michonnie and Carl, Molly and me.

Rick hides a duffle bag with weapons in the dirt. I drop off my belt, and Molly copies me.

I zip up my jacket so that the glint of the knife blades don't show.

We hop over the fence, creeping slowly to the building. One woman is talking over a radio, reading lines from a notebook.

We enter slowly. People move and work. "Hello." Rick says.

Everyone freezes. It's a funny sight.

"Well, I'll bet Albert is on perimeter watch," a man with brown hair says. He walks to us. "You here to rob us?" He asks.

"No. We wanted to see you before you saw us." Rick replies.

"Makes sense. Usually we do this where the tracks meet. Welcome to Terminus. I'm Garret. Looks like you've been on the road for a good bit." Garret says.

"We have." Rick replies. "Rick. That's Carl, Daryl, Michonnie, Molly, Isabelle."

"You're nervous, I get it. We were all the same way. We came here for sanctuary. Is that what you're here for?" Garret asks.

"Yes." Rick replies.

"Good. You found it. This guy will ask you a few questions, but first, we need to see everyone's weapons. If you could just lay them down in front of you." Garret says.

Everyone lays down their weapons, except for me. Garret arches an eyebrow. "No weapons?"

"I only had a gun. I ran out of ammo, so I tossed it in the woods. Less baggage to carry." I lie.

He nods. "Happened to me a few times before. I get it."

We spread our arms for them to pat us down. They do, and they don't realize that my jacket is full of knives. Fools.

"Just so you know, we aren't those kind of people. We aren't stupid, either. You shouldn't be stupid enough to try anything stupid. As long as everyone is clear on that, we shouldn't have any problems. Just solutions."

Garret walks out, and a guy hands everyone's weapons to them. "Follow me," he says.

Something is up with this place. From the niceness of this group to the joking. Their hiding something. I just hope that it doesn't kill us.

A/N
Edited version.