Chapter 2

I wake up when Rick wakes up Carl. I sit up, yawning and stretching, and then I hop down. Carl tugs me into his side, and Rick playfully chastites him as he kisses me.

I walk down to the pig pen with them, deciding to stay with them for a while. Carl's fingers find mine, and I smile.

Carl and Rick talk, but I tune it out. I'm watching the prison. Something isn't right.

A shot sounds up at the prison, and Rick swears. "Isabelle, Carl, stay-"

I take off running toward the prison, drawing my knife as I do. I hear Rick behind me, shouting orders at Carl as he runs after me. I throw open the gate, running past Sasha and the others.

I enter cell block D, and people are screaming and walkers are everywhere. I stab one walker, sending it down. Daryl grabs Luke, a little boy. Lizzie and Mika, the blond sisters, are with Karen, in a closed cell.

Everyone needs help and I don't know where to go. Then I spot Molly, the girl with the dark brown hair, in a corner screaming and sobbing. Her parents are walkers, staggering toward her. She pulls out a small knife, brandishing it in front of her.

I run for her, stabbing their heads, sending them to the floor. I pull her up, and make a break for the cell that Karen is in. A walker, lunges at me, and I stab it, and it tumbles down. I run to the cell that Karen opens the cell,a nd I step in, setting Molly down.

"No, d-don't leave me!" She sobs, clinging to me. I sink to the floor, and she buries her face in my chest, still sobbing. I stroke her hair. "It's ok. You're ok. Everything's gonna be ok," I whisper as the walker numbers diminish.

Rick walks over to us. "Alex, you ok?" He asks. I nod. He eyes Molly, who is sobbing into my shirt. He turns and walks away, up the stairs.

Molly turns to look, and I cover her eyes, tuning her head back into my chest. "No, don't look. Not yet." I murmur gently, holding her tight. I stand, but Molly doesn't let go. Finally, I simply pick her up, and she wraps her arms around my torso and her legs around my waist. She's suprisingly light for her age.

I walk outside with Rick, still carrying Molly, who sobs quietly into my chest still.

Carl runs to Rick, hugging him. "I had to use one of the guns by the gate, I swear I didn't want to!" He cries. He looks at me. "Isabelle?"

I nod, holding Molly tighter. "Wha-" he begins, but I shake my head. "Later," I mouth, and he nods.

"Patrick got sick last night. Some kind of flu, moves fast. We think he died and attacked the cell block. You shouldn't get too close to anyone that might've been exposed, least for a little while," Rick explains.

Carl backs to Michonnie, and looks at me. His eyes are filled with agony, and I manage a weak smile. They help Michonnie inside.

The Council meets, but even though I'm the youngest member, I don't participate because Molly won't let go.

"My m-momma said t-that you w-would protect m-me if t-they died. W-will you?" She whimpers, looking up at me pleadingly.

"Of course, Molly. Just as if we are sisters. From now on, we are sisters. I'm goung to teach you to fight and make you strong, just like me." I promise.

She smiles. "T-thank you. Y-you're all I h-have left in t-the world." She says, and tears begin running down her face again. I hold her tight, stroking her hair.

She's even younger than I was when all this crazy walker shit happened.

I pack up my bag, since everyone that was in D is being moved, and anyone who was in it. Carl walks in.