Chapter 3: Meeting Stranger

Present Day

Jennie stared at her phone with a huff, her eyebrow creased and her lips formed into a small frown.

She just logged back in on Twitter and the first picture that came into her feed was a hand wearing a diamond ring, the second picture was Lalisa kissing her fiancé Luke on the cheeks under the snow somewhere in England. It looked sweet and romantic and Jennie hated every part of it. She hated how Lalisa looked so happy in that picture, of how the younger woman's eyes were squinting happily and how the caption says "off to happily ever after" as if it was mocking her.

"Do you think it's true?" Rosie suddenly asked beside her, peeking at her phone as she sips her flower soaked tea.

Jennie quickly turned her phone off and leaned away, shrugging. "Don't know."

"Are you mad because she's doing it better than you or are you mad because she's happy with someone else?" Her best friend gave her a teasing smile which made her roll her eyes.

"Neither." She replied. "She's just getting on my nerves, I mean, her PR team is quick to do damage control while mine is... ugh, I don't even want to think about it."

Rosie laughed. "I don't think that's only for damage control, though. That picture looked like it was taken years ago plus they wouldn't be engaged if it isn't real."

Jennie huffed again. "It's just unfair that she's getting away with this so quickly."

"News flash Jennie Kim. I don't think neither of you will ever really get away with this scandal because as much as half of the population hates it, the other half ships it." Her best friend sipped her tea once again. "Have you not seen the comments under her post?"

"No? I don't have a hawk-eye like you."

"True," Rosie replied with a proud smile. "But that's not the point. The top comments say jenlisa jenlisa jenlisa. It's kinda weird, to be honest, but also very intriguing."

Jennie gave her best friend a glare. "Please stop. It's disgusting."

Rosie smirked, raising an eyebrow. "If it's really disgusting then why did you made out with her in the first place?"

"Rosie!"

Jennie's eyes widened, hissing, and throwing a napkin towards her best friend. She glanced around the café, nervous that anyone might have heard them and recognized her despite her face being hidden by a mask and a cap, the good thing was, no one even gave them a glance.

"Can we not talk about this right now? I called you here to take my mind off things, not to stress me more."

"You're the one who opened Twitter, not me." Rosie shrugged. "But alright. You look like you need a break anyway."

Jennie mumbled a barely audible thanks as she leaned back on the chair.

The past few days had been hell. Her phone never stopped ringing, her manager and Irene wouldn't leave her side, and her CEO pressuring her into giving a name on who might be the one who leaked the video. It was so fucking stressful, not to mention how the director of her new drama was basically telling her that it was her fault why the show got delayed. She just wanted a break from everything because even when she was in her own bedroom, everything was still suffocating.

It was another reason why her hatred for Lalisa kept on growing. The younger woman could post and still look at the media happily while she was suffering alone because of the things they did when they were young and stupid. If she was in high school, it might be a little easy to ruin Lisa's reputation once again, but now that they're adults and everyone expects them to behave maturely (which was really boring), Jennie always reminded herself to think logically.