Chapter 14: Troubles

Trigger Warning: Abortion.
If you don't feel comfortable with it, please skip this chapter.

Present Day

Rosie was leaning back on her velvet swivel chair, scrolling the catalogue on her laptop that Alexxe sent earlier when her office door abruptly opened, interrupting her supposed to be alone time to look for the new campaign design for her business pages. She had already told her secretary earlier that she was not going to accept clients or any visitors around this hour and wished to be left alone for the rest of the day (if possible), but it wasn't even half an hour since she closed her door and sat on her chair after spending four hours in the meeting room when an unannounced visitor barged into her privacy.

Rosie should be annoyed by the disturbance and for her secretary's lack of visitor control, but when she looked up and see a distressed-looking Jennie Kim, her thoughts suddenly vanished and all was left were curiosity and concern.

She removed her eyeglasses and put it down on the table, watching her best friend sit on the couch across from her, legs crossed and a frown was visible on her bare face.

"What brings you here, wifey?" She asked rather carefully as if she was approaching an active volcano that was ready to explode any second.

Her best friend's lips were turned downward and her fingers were tapping on her knees nervously. Rosie already knew that something was wrong and her first guess was there might be another rumor going around, one that was more serious and scandalous than that video clip of her and Lisa. Though, what Jennie told her next wasn't just gossip but a fact.

"Lisa is pregnant."

Rosie was stunned for a moment, looking for the relevance between her best friend's emotions and Lisa's pregnancy. She had known Jennie for a long time but she had never seen the woman so upset over a pregnancy before. Was her best friend upset because the movie filming would be postponed due to Lisa's situation?

"Please don't tell me you're the dad." She teased, trying to lighten the mood but her best friend only gave her a warning glance. "I'm just joking, Jen. But Isn't she getting married, so what's the problem?"

She watched Jennie straightened up, and opened her mouth to speak but abruptly paused midway as if her best friend was contemplating whether or not she could trust her with the information she was going to spill. Rosie waited patiently, letting Jennie figure her thoughts out.

It took a few seconds before she started to speak again.

"She doesn't want to keep the baby."

And all Rosie could say was, "Oh." Because out of all the things she had in mind, she didn't exactly imagine it to be this... unexpected.

Lisa's going to get married in a few months, so why not keep the baby? Rosie thought. Unless it wasn't her fiance's? But she instantly shook the malicious thoughts out of her mind, she shouldn't be thinking like she was one of the Koreboo's writers.

"She asked me if I know someone who can..." Jennie looked around before she continued her sentence with a whisper. "...do abortion."

Rosie stared at her best friend, bemused, trying to comprehend the revelation.

She didn't exactly know Lisa, she barely even had any information about the woman aside from what she saw in magazines and Jennie's rants. She didn't even know that her best friend and Lisa had a past (which kinda hurt her, by the way, because she thought she knew everything about Jennie) and mostly, she shouldn't even care about what Lisa wants to do with her life BUT Rosie could see that Jennie cared for the woman and as her best friend, she needed to try to be nice, at least.