Chapter 8: Weekend Stories (2009)

Year: 2009

"Alex, please, faster." Lisa begged as she wrapped her arms tightly around her boyfriend's waist. She could feel how wet he already was as the liquid on his skin dripped into her arms. She wasn't dry herself though, her face was wet, her pants were soaked, and her hair was disheveled.

Alex grunt in response, leaning down and aiming to go faster as Lisa requested.

It wasn't what they had planned. The day was supposed to be sunny and she was supposed to be wet from swimming on the lake and not from the rain that was pouring hard on them as they drive along the highway, riding Alex's motorcycle along with the storm and terrifying thunders.

"There's a motel over there." She heard Alex's best friend yelled behind them. He too was riding in his motorcycle with his girlfriend, both were also soaked from the rain that suddenly poured down without a warning.

Alex nodded and followed his friend's direction, driving his motorcycle faster and going against the wind's direction.

Their surrounding was getting foggy and the rain was going too strong. It took some minutes before Lisa could see a motel sign, with its neon lights that were almost broken and unreadable. It looked crappy, like the ones in the movies where people get murdered, but they stopped anyway, hoping for it to be their shelter for the night.

A sigh of relief escaped her chapped lips as soon as she stepped her feet into the muddy ground and ran towards the shed, shivering cold while her clothes were dripping wet. Alex parked his motorcycle and ran beside her, grunting as he shook his head, trying to dry out his hair using his hands.

The backpack that was hanging on her shoulder was completely soaked and probably all the clothes she packed inside were wet too. She sighed, realizing how she won't have dry clothes to wear tonight.

"We should check-in." She heard Ruby Jane, who was also shrugging the excess rain on her skin, told everyone.

Clyde nodded, removing the helmet on his head and drying his hair the same way Alex did.

"Right, babe." He said, looking at Ruby Jane. "Stay here while Alex and I get us rooms."

She watched as her boyfriend reached for his wallet, checking his fake IDs before walking with Clyde towards what seemed to be the front desk. Despite the loud thunder, she heard the motel's door jingle when Alex pulled it open.

It was supposed to be "the weekend of a lifetime" or that was what Alex told her when he was convincing her to come along with him and his best friend for a weekend camp at the lakeside. She didn't want to agree at first, motorbikes and camping wasn't her thing, but Alex practically begged, telling her that Clyde's girlfriend would be there too and this trip would, sort of, be like a double couple's trip to the woods. But they haven't even arrived at their destination and Lisa's expectations for this trip were already ruined.

A gust of wind blew as the rain dropped stronger into the ground, making her shiver and backed away from the open space.

"Here." She heard Ruby Jane said, holding out a piece of cloth that wasn't too soaked from the rain.

Lisa ignored her, rubbing her hands on her arms, hugging her own chest. "I'm okay."

"Oh, please." Ruby Jane stepped closer towards her, still offering the cloth.

Lisa didn't respond and thought Ruby Jane might leave her alone, she wasn't here to be friends with her anyway, not after what happened at the party. But Ruby Jane was as stubborn as her, instead of backing away, she wrapped the towel around Lisa's shoulder, giving her a little bit of warmth.