Groom

Adelaide walked down the gravel pathway to the stables. Milo trailed after her. The sun was coming up behind the forest of Evergreen Trees to her right. To her left, she saw a truck pass by on the highway. 

She continued to walk until she reached for the knob on the stable door. She stopped, sensing something wrong. She heard footsteps inside. Adelaide froze. Someone was inside. She signaled for Milo to be quite, and he surprisingly did. 

She heard male voices inside. A horse neighed in anxious response. Adelaide kneeled down. She tried to look under the door, but she couldn't. Milo whimpered slightly and voices stopped. Adelaide shot a dirty look at her dog. 

The voices started talking in a whisper, and soon she heard a click of a halter and steps. Hoof beats were heard also. That's when Adelaide knew something bad was about to happen. She didn't hesitate and threw the door open. 

Four men froze at her sight. 

One was holding Battle Cry's halter. Another was giving her family's trusted groom, Mr. Moore a bundle of money. Two were standing at the opposite end of the stable, the opposite door open and a trailer propped open as well. Mr. Moore went pale as he saw who it was. 

"What are you doing?!" Adelaide couldn't help but shriek. Milo growled. 

Mr. Moore retrieved his normal skin color and approached her. 

"You better not blabbed this to your father, you hear me?" He took a hold of her hair and tugged it. Mr. Moore was in his thirties, but yet he looked much younger when he was mad. 

"How much do you think they will give us for her?" A man chuckled behind Mr. Moore. 

Mr. Moore looked her over. "Give me the same for the horse and she is yours" All the men laughed this time. 

"Nah," The man says. "I am married, my wife will be pissed if she finds me with another woman" He shakes his head and walk away. 

"Josh, come here" Mr. Moore signals for a man to the side of the horse trailer. He walks over. 

"Take care of this pretty angel will you," Mr. Moore says and walks away. 

"With pleasure" Josh says and parks his stupid body next to mine. I can see to the corner of my eye a pistol in his hand. 

Milo starts to tug at Josh's pants, and Josh just kicked him in the face, making Milo yelp in pain.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Adelaide yelled.

"What are you going to do about it?" Josh walked up to Adelaide's face. 

"This!" Adelaide snarled, kicking Josh in the groin. 

Josh toppled over in pain and Adelaide made a run for it. She ran out the stable and up to her house. She slammed the door behind her, making the center vase shake. 

"Wake up! Everyone, wake up! Their going to steal Battle Cry!" Adelaide screamed.  Around ten seconds later, her father appeared at the top of the stairs. 

"What?! Adelaide, you know I hate it when you joke around like that" He talked sternly. 

"I am not joking! Bet you 15k the thieves are going to escape if you don't hurry!" She yelled. 

Her father turned slight pale and hurried downstairs. He looked out the front window. 

"I don't see-"

"There!" Adelaide shrieked as she saw the trailer zoom past the house. Her father yelled. 

"What the hell is going on?" Her mother appeared in her bathrobe at the foot of the stairs. 

Milo started barking. Callum appeared at the top of the stairs now. 

"Stop ruining my beauty sleep!" He whines. 

"Everyone shut up!" Her father yelled. The house had never been so quiet. 

 He pulls out his phone and with shaky fingers, dials 911. 

"Hello? Yes, I have a very big inquiry - My horse has been robbed - Uh, no, I won't hold, this is an emergency! - Name? Uh, David Skyes - Yes, yes I am the real David Skyes - No! I won't be signing any autographs today! - Sorry - Car description? Uh, a black Silverado pulling a white horse trailer - Just now -  Ok, thank you - Here is the deal, you find my horse, I will sign you an autograph - Yes, yes. - Goodbye and thank you - "

He hanged up. 

"Their coming" He says quietly. I can see my father shaking. 

"Children, go" My mother shoos us away. 

She takes ahold of my fathers arm and guides him to the living room. 

Callum and I go upstairs and and sit on the floor in the hallway. 

I can hear my father start to have his anxiety attacks, and my mother trying to call him down.

This is going to be a long morning..

¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. ☆

° :. ° .☆   . ● .° °★

★  ★°★ .  *  .  °☆  . ● . ★ ° .  • ○ ● .  ☆  ★ ° ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  . • °   .  *

¸ .  ★ ° :. :. . ¸ . ● ¸  °  ¸. * ● ¸ °☆

☆ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★¸ .

Thank You For Reading!