Noise

The days drag heavily by, making Adelaide restless. She took a deep breath and pressed her head into the pillow. The faint daylight shone through the window, illuminating her dark brown hair. Milo slept at the foot of the bed.

Today was the day, the day that would determined if her father would ever see BattleCry ever again. 

She couldn't bear the thought.

As tired and heavy as she was, Adelaide gripped her blankets and sat up. She rubbed her eyes tiredly and groaned. 

Milo, awakened by the movement, sat up panting.

Adelaide pressed her foot against the cold floor and headed for the bathroom. 

She dressed quickly and headed downstairs.

As usual, it was empty. Adelaide shivered as the cold air circulated the room. She stood in the middle of the kitchen, deciding whether to eat, or to go out for a morning ride. 

She chose the ride. 

She headed out the door, down the stone path, and into the stables. 

She entered the warm equestrian center and headed down the corridor. Usually, she would bring a treat for each of the horses who were now peering out of their stalls, but today she just wanted to get to Sky's stall and leave. 

Soon though, her trusty steed's handsome head peered out of his own stall. 

Wordlessly, she went around collecting all sorts of riding equipment and soon tacking up her stallion. 

With one foot on the stirrup, she hoisted herself up and unto his strong back. 

She gripped the rains and urged Sky into a walk and out the stables. 

The refreshing morning air lifted Adelaide's tense feeling a little and soon found herself cantering through the woods. 

The rhythm of Sky's well-practiced hoof beats was the only thing echoing off the what looked like and endless ocean of pine trees. 

A log jump appeared well ahead of them, and before she knew it, she leaned over, pressing her heels down and soared over it with ease. 

Sky landed professionally, Adelaide barely feeling it. 

They continued cantering and overtaking a few jumps scattered across a wide stretch of the forest. 

She came to a small clearing where with a quick tug of the reins, she manage to slow a hyper Sky down. 

A loud bang sounded, and Adelaide turned around.

To Be Continued..

Guys, Thank you so much for 90+ views! It is such an honor, can we make it to 100? Yes, we can! 

Lots of love, Akiak.