Border

3 days, and no sign whatsoever of Battle Cry.

Adelaide sat outside on their porch, Ashe on her lap. Callum sat on the stairs and twirled a dandelion in his fingers. Her father had finally given in to take a nap, after days without sleep, and their mother insisted they must not disturbed him. 

A slight breeze blew Adelaide's dark brown hair over her face, and she tucked it behind her ear. 

She still couldn't believe such people would dare steal Battle Cry. She got nervous thinking about her father's beloved prize horse, and the connection they had strongly acquired over the course of their years. Especially now, at his crippling twenty years of age, Battle Cry was retired and not meant to be ridden a lot, but she knew these people wouldn't care. They most likely only cared to have the world's most prized horse in their hands. 

She let Ashe jump out of her lap and into the railing of the porch, were she joined her mate Jay, a gray male cat. The two cats together jumped off and ran to the stable. 

Adelaide sighed and got up from the rocking chair. 

"I am going to see the horses, coming?" She asked her brother. He shrugged. 

"Sure" 

The two made their way to the stable and opened the door. The empty corridor was silent, and only a few horses stuck their heads out to see who it was. No horse bothered to neigh, as they too felt the strain Battle Cry's sudden theft had cause the Skyes's residence. 

She walked over to Sky's stall, and rubbed his ears, while running her hand down his smooth neck. 

They heard a crash in the stable office. 

Adelaide buried her head in Sky's mane, thinking the worst. She finally got the strength to walk silently to the office. She opened the door suddenly, a pitchfork in her hand. 

A scream sounded inside. Adelaide turned on the lights. 

A girl and a boy, both around Adelaide's age, raised up their hands in surrender. 

"We aren't doing anything" The girl said. 

Adelaide couldn't help but laugh. Callum poked his head in to see what was up. 

Adelaide let the pitchfork go, making it fall to the ground in loud racket. She hugged her friend. 

"Trinity, so glad to see you" Adelaide remarked. 

Adelaide waved to the boy, "Hey Cody" 

"Yo!" He nodded his head, and did a silly handshake with Callum. 

"We were just trying to sneak in some treats for you guys," Trinity confessed. 

Adelaide looked behind her and sure enough, a tray of red velvet cupcakes and another of sugar cookies sat on the office desk. 

"Oh my, what do we have here?" She walked over and bit a sugar cookie, "Delicious!" 

"Mom's original" Trinity said proudly. 

Following the 35 year prison sentence of Trinity and Cody's father, William Bokram, their mother, Anastasia, had opened a bakery in downtown Seattle to help their family. It had turned out to be an incredible investment, and brought forth a little bit of sweet to the city. 

The boys left, and Trinity took a seat next to Adelaide on the hay bales outside of the office. 

"How the investigation so far?" Trinity asked after a while. 

Adelaide shrugged, "So far, they found out that Mr. Moore isn't after all, Mr. Moore." 

Trinity raised in eyebrow in confusion. 

"He used a fake name, his real name is Noah Parker, and he is only twenty-eight" 

"Aha! No wonder he looked younger than thirty-six!" Trinity said. 

"I know right!" Adelaide rolling her eyes. 

"They also found out that this robbery most likely had been planned for a long time now, since it went so smoothly and quick. The police couldn't find them anywhere in the area," Adelaide looked up to the ceiling. "But his out there, I know it." Adelaide finished in a whisper. 

"How is your father?" Trinity asked, taking in his anxiety problem. 

"A little in between," Adelaide said. "He hasn't slept in days and mother finally gave him a tea to make him sleepy, he is resting right now. But when his awake, he can't stop shaking, or breathing rapidly." 

"Are you sure he doesn't have asthma?" Trinity asked.

"We're sure. We already asked the doctor, no asthma." Adelaide responded. 

"Adelaide!" Callum came in, on a fast walk. "The police is here" 

"Oh?" Adelaide shot out of her seat and follower her brother to the house, Trinity following. 

Surely, two police cars were parked outside. 

Her mother spoke to one officer, while the other wrote down every word spoken. 

"-Spanish authorities will now take ahold of this case" One officer finished as Adelaide came up. 

"Hm?" Adelaide stepped up beside her mother. 

"Good day, Skyes's" The officer tipped his hat and walked away. 

Adelaide saw as the two police cars turned around and sped away on the highway. 

"Oh dear," Her mother sat on the porch steps and placed her head in her hands. 

"What happened?" Adelaide asked taking a seat next to her, Callum on the opposite side. Trinity and Cody stepped a little aside and started whispering. 

Mrs. Skyes raised her head, her eyes a little wet. 

"Battle Cry has been spotted," Her mother started. 

"Oh great!" Adelaide exclaimed.  Callum grinned. Mrs. Skyes's face hardened. 

"In Spain though" She whispered. 

"Agh" Adelaide mood tumbled down. 

"The Spanish police had not been informed of anything when they let the thieves in, but they did recall seeing them. We have to go to court tomorrow to sign a request so the Spanish authorities take over the case. The police here can't do anything on Spanish land. I just hope they decide to help." Mrs. Skyes rubs her temples. 

"And if not-?" Adelaide asked. 

"Then, Battle Cry is gone, darling" Mrs. Skyes whispered. 

Callum let out a deep breath and hugged their mother. While Adelaide let it all out with her head on her knees. 

What will father do if he finds out? Or if he never sees Battle Cry again? 

Adelaide could only imagine the worst. 

Oh dear God, please help us find Battle Cry, the case is now yours. 

¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. ☆

° :. ° .☆   . ● .° °★

★  ★°★ .  *  .  °☆  . ● . ★ ° .  • ○ ● .  ☆  ★ ° ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  . • °   .  *

¸ .  ★ ° :. :. . ¸ . ● ¸  °  ¸. * ● ¸ °☆

☆ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★¸ .

Thank You For Reading!