[5] the tribute parade

SILVER WAS NEVER THE GIRLY TYPE, EVERYONE WHO KNEW her couldn't deny that. She wasn't one for wearing dresses and covering her face in pounds of makeup.

She didn't like wearing five inch heels that made her feet sore or expensive jewelry, Silver found no point in needing those things. It wasn't as if she was to blame for it, she did after all grow up with three brothers.

As Silver stared at the reflection looking right back at her, she could barely recognize herself, whoever this person was, it wasn't her, it was someone completely different to the Silver that came from District 4.

Petra had put her in a dress that perfectly highlighted her curves and thin figure, it wrapped over one of her shoulders and the color was a mix of different shades of blue to resemble waves with a couple of diamonds scattered across it as well.

The bottom of the dress was made of pure silk, and the texture of it resembled seaweed. Blinding white pearls and golden seashells were held together by a thin thread to make a necklace that rested around her neck. And to Silver's relief, Petra had given her a pair of nude flats to wear instead of the six inch heels she was expecting.

"Do you like it?" Petra asked as she adjusted the bottom of the dress. Silver shaked her head in disbelief, still unable to wrap her head around the fact that the girl in the mirror was her. "This is amazing, I love it" Silver spoke, still in complete awe.

"Great! Oh, I almost forgot the most important part!" Petra scrambled across the room and grabbed a large coral crown that had a variety of colorful diamonds, sea shells and pearls along with chains of silver and gold enlaced into it. Petra then carefully placed it on her head, fixing it to fit perfectly.

Petra looked as if she about to burst into tears, "Oh, you're just going to adore you" She said, proud of herself and satisfied with her work. Silver couldn't help but smile, with everything happening to her, smiling seemed like the last thing she wanted to do, but in the moment Silver felt like some type of sea princess.

When they got the bottom floor of the Remake Center, it was easy to sense the excitement and nerves looming around in the air. Silver was lead over to the chariot for District 4, where Reese was waiting with his stylist. "Look at you, kiddo" Silver greeted the younger boy, who was put in a ocean themed costume with colors that matched her dress.

Reese only smiled, making an effort to not show the anxiety that was making his fingers tremble violently. "There's so many people out there" Silver pulled her dress up, allowing herself to bend down to Reese's level. "Hey, look at me. Don't worry about them, if you're nervous just imagine them in underwear" She told him, causing a genuine smile to reach his lips.

"You two ready?" Finnick walked up to them, his eyes lingering on Silver for longer then she would've liked. Reese nodded, still consumed with nerves while Silver managed to catch Finnick's obvious staring. "What?" She raised an eyebrow at him, "Nothing, you just look really beautiful" He answered.

Silver's cheeks then flushed a light pink color but luckily she was able to hide it by looking down. "Thanks" She mumbled, stuck in a mix of confusion and flattery. She found it odd for Finnick to acknowledge stuff like that about her, they always saw each other as best friends and nothing more then that.

There was never any romantic feelings involved in their relationship, though recently Finnick had been acting quite different towards her and it made her wonder if he felt the same way she did or if he felt something else for her.