[6] it's only day one

DANGEROUS AND VICIOUS WEREN'T THE FIRST WORDS that came to mind whenever someone looked at Silver. She was always able to maintain a docile and calm image and didn't pose a threat to anyone, at least, that was what everything believed.

Docile wasn't going to be the appearance Silver was going to have to uphold for the games. There were many methods she could use, she could act weak and fool the other tributes into thinking she wasn't a threat, then in the arena she could take them all by surprise and take them all out one by one.

On the other hand, she could show off all her skills during training, then the tributes would be sure to steer clear of the dangerous girl from District 4 with the knives. The only downside to this tactic was that it was also guaranteed to put a target on her back by the other Careers.

They must've been told by their mentors that eliminating their biggest threat would have to be one of the top priorities in the arena, it would be stupid if they didn't know this.

Silver couldn't get ahead of herself just yet, she still hadn't see what the tributes were truly capable of, for all she knew they could be weak and useless, and therefore no real danger to her.

That morning, Finnick woke up Silver and Reese extra early to give them a complete run down of the whole day. Petra had given them training uniforms that were surprisingly comfortable and had their district number on it. Dark gray cargo pants and a shirt made of flexible material that was also a little too tight on Silver's chest area.

After a huge breakfast, Silver and Reese were escorted down to the Training Centre by Finnick. "Remember, try not to go for the heavy weapons first, training with them will increase your metabolism, meaning you'll burn calories faster and in the arena, if there's no food you'll be screwed." He explained to them.

Silver nodded, making sure she understood his every word, heavy weapons wouldn't be a much of a problem, throwing knives were light and easy to handle and she doubted she would use a trident unless she really needed it.

"Anything else?" Silver asked, "Good luck" was all Finnick responded with, he gave her and Reese a comforting pat on the shoulder before leaving. The Training Centre was a huge room equipped with an endless supply of weapons varying from swords to bows and arrows.

They seemed to have gotten to the Centre a little late as most of the tributes were already there and gathered in the middle of the room with their attention focused on a woman in the middle. Silver and Reese joined them, and out of the corner of her eye, Silver could spot Reese's fingers trembling.

"In two weeks, twenty three of you will be dead." The woman in the middle began. Well, that's comforting Silver thought clenching her jaw and folding her arms while she spoke, at least she was honest. "Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days" She continued.

Silver's eyes quickly glossed over the other tributes, spotting the other Careers standing a couple feet away from her. As she attempted to focus on the woman named Atala, she caught the gaze of the boy from 2. His name is Cato, Silver tried to reminded herself but she was sure she would likely forget it afterwards.

It seemed like he had given up on his attempt to intimidate her, but he continued to steal glances at Silver. What the hell was so interesting about her that he had to stare?

The second they caught each other's gaze, Cato's lips curled upwards into a smirk that made Silver roll her eyes. With one last glance at the Careers, her eyes flickered back to Atala.